jrbezze's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2023 5:28 PM

Closed

NHL Blackouts

I want to know why the Avs were blacked out on TNT last night? Wasn't an Altitude game. Not only are we dealing with YOUR squabbles with Altitude, but you're blacking out nationally televised games. [Edited: "Language"]. Your services are not worth this nonsense. Someone at Xfinity give me the reason it was blacked out. 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

9 months ago

Hello, @jrbezze thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance in regard to your NHL blackout question. Blackouts are initiated from the league, not the service provider: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/sports-blackouts

From the article - It's important to remember, however, that sometimes sports can be subject to blackout restrictions. A blackout is when sports teams and leagues (or schools and conferences) prohibit certain games from being seen on certain channels due to ticket sales or games being carried on other channels. To learn more about how blackout restrictions affect your favorite sport, please see the information below.

National Hockey League (NHL)

Pre-season
Very few pre-season games are televised locally or nationally, and none are subject to blackouts.

Regular Season
Over the course of the NHL's season, nationally televised games may air on NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), TNT or NHL Network. No games on NBC are subject to blackouts, and they won't air on any other local broadcast station or regional cable network. However, only some games on NBCSN are exclusive, which means that others are subject to blackouts when aired on local stations or regional networks. In addition, all games on NHL Network are similarly subject to blackouts.

Note: These local/regional airings are never blacked out. You'll just need to change the channel to find the game you're looking for.

For an additional fee, you can purchase the NHL Center Ice pay per view (PPV) package, a collection of most of the televised games from other markets. Most games in the NHL Center Ice package that are subject to blackout are those also carried on a local station/regional cable network.

@XfinityJustinC​ why would the Pens-Avalanche game on TNT be subject to blackout in Ocean City Maryland. Certainly not due to local market?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_caeiseman​ Who knows. Can't get an answer on this from anyone. I guess they don't want people watching the games. I watched basketball instead. I'm not too far from you and felt your pain. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @markopur We are here to help! What additional questions did you have?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

9 months ago

According to CBS11, it was on Altitude. Is there a second Altitude channel (for example, to show Avalanche games when there's a Nuggets game on the main channel)?

(Strange...I can't find the button to add a link. Here's the link to the CBS11 page for the game:

https://www.kktv.com/sports/betting/2023/12/13/avalanche-sabres-nhl-live-stream-tv/ )

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here