BillyB5's profile

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 7th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

NewsMax disappeared


Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago


@BillyB5 wrote:
I was watching NewsMax. My box was working slow when I was trying to delete some programs so I restarted it. Now.... Newsmax is gone. Why would it just disappear like that?
Surly it's not because they're currently the ONLY news network not calling the presidency yet is it? It is pretty weird though!

did you tune to channel 1115? does channel work on s smart phone/tablet?

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 years ago

Newsmax disappeared after I was on another channel. It shows in my ‘recent’ but if I select it, it takes me to CNBC. It no longer shows in the listings either.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago


@Ardansharp wrote:
Newsmax disappeared after I was on another channel. It shows in my ‘recent’ but if I select it, it takes me to CNBC. It no longer shows in the listings either.

use thex xfinity myaccount app on a smart phone/tablet and go to the TV tab. select view channel lineup. do you see channel 1115 ?

BillyB5

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

2 years ago

They don't. I wish they did.

BillyB5

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It was doing the same thing to me for a couple of days. NewsMax is back on for me now.

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 years ago

It disappeared off mine and my mother's accounts. We had just found the station and love it now its sending me to cnbc

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 years ago

That's exactly right.  Newsmax was on my TV yesterday. Tonght I turned it on and it said I should subscribe.  We have been getting Newsmax for several months so I wasn't sure why all of a sudden we needed to subscribe.  Called Comcast and was told Newsmax removed it and I can only get it on the computer through streaming.  This has to be a lie and I think your answer hit the nail on the head.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago


@gizmos26 wrote:

That's exactly right.  Newsmax was on my TV yesterday. Tonght I turned it on and it said I should subscribe.  We have been getting Newsmax for several months so I wasn't sure why all of a sudden we needed to subscribe.  Called Comcast and was told Newsmax removed it and I can only get it on the computer through streaming.  This has to be a lie and I think your answer hit the nail on the head.


using a smart device and the Xfinity My Account app, select the TV tab and the link to show your current channel lineup. scroll down to 1115. is it shown? Some very old set top boxes cannot show TVIP channels and have to be updated.

CCMorgan

Gold Problem Solver

 • 

3.3K Messages

2 years ago

Let us know if what Rustyben suggested works for you all. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

 • 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I just turned my tv to 1115, Newsmax and it is now saying that I need to upgrade and subscribe.  I will not.  Out of curiousity, I went to xfinintiy to look and see what it would cost and I couldn't find it anywhere.  It still shows on the grid when I look but when I click on it with my tv or laptop, it tells me to subscribe.  Really?

 

Again

Expert

 • 

28.7K Messages

2 years ago


@shehack1 wrote:

I just turned my tv to 1115, Newsmax and it is now saying that I need to upgrade and subscribe.  I will not.  Out of curiousity, I went to xfinintiy to look and see what it would cost and I couldn't find it anywhere.  It still shows on the grid when I look but when I click on it with my tv or laptop, it tells me to subscribe.  Really?

 


You have to be on the X1 platform in order to receive Newsmax because it's an IP channel through Comcast.

Regular Visitor

 • 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I have X1 tv and have had for a long time. I have been watching Newsmax for several months until I was unable to today.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago


@shehack1 wrote:
I have X1 tv and have had for a long time. I have been watching Newsmax for several months until I was unable to today.

the xg1-P (first DVR with only 5 tuners) does not seem to work with ipTV channels.

Regular Visitor

 • 

9 Messages

2 years ago

So if I request a new DVR I'll be able to get newsmax again?
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago


@shehack1 wrote:
So if I request a new DVR I'll be able to get newsmax again?

yes along with other ipTV 'channels'.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here