Dee2019's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 20th, 2022 11:55 PM

Closed

Netflix double dipping via comcast

Comcast has been charging me $30 on my cc and they have been charging me $20 via Comcast.  When I noticed that I was being charged twice I had the Netflix with credit card cancelled.  But as I go back and look at my comcast bill Netflix has been charging me $20.  Thus, Netflix has been double dipping.  I called both Comcast and Netflix and they both telling me to contact the other.  No one wants to accept the responsibility because someone owe me some money for all the back charged that I have been paying via Comcast to Netflix.  Who is responsible Comcast or Netflix?  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

It looks like you ended up with two subscriptions. Be careful when first running some of the apps on devices. If you already had a Netflix subscription, you need to find the often tiny and nearly-hidden 'log in' link. The default link may be to sign up through that device's 3rd party billing. Also not sure how you get $30 unless you also had the DVD/BluRay rental, too. The streaming plans are $9.99 (SD), $15.49 (HD), $19.99 (4K). DVD/BD plans are $9.99 (1 disk), $14.99 (2 disk), $19.99 (3 disk). It looks like BD is now included in those prices.

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @Dee2019

@andyross provided a lot of great information! And it does indeed sound like you ended up with two subscriptions, as mentioned. As far as the refund, it depends on which subscription you want to keep or cancel:

One common problem to be aware of is accidentally signing up for an additional Netflix subscription on Xfinity Flex or X1 while already having an existing Netflix subscription that is using a different method of payment. If this happens and you would like to cancel your Comcast-billed Netflix account, contact us. To cancel or request credits for any other Netflix accounts, contact Netflix support at netflix.com/help.

I hope that link and the information are what you needed, but please respond here if you have any additional questions that we can help with!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here