epictale's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, January 31st, 2024 9:16 AM

Closed

NBC shows only available in HD format

I get that someone will respond saying that NBC controls what they provide, but how about a little support from the cable provider taking my money every month that then gets distributed to the various networks. 

Since at least 1/17 a lot, if not all shows from NBC have only been available in HD format; Transplant,  LaBrea, Irrational, all Chicago and Law & Order series, and probably many others.  I would like to think that someone from Comcast/Xfinity reaching out to NBC, would have a little more pull and influence than any individual viewer, where they receive too many requests to really read them all.  I would also like to think that Comcast/Xfinity cares about their viewers.

If I'm not able to view NBC shows in SD format OnDemand, then I should be due a refund of what I'm paying on a monthly basis, and it should be taken out of what is sent on to NBC. 

Or maybe Comcast/Xfinity would rather people dump cable and just go to all streaming.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

have stopped watching the local NBC channel  next will be dropping COMCAST and save $150 per month

3 Messages

Again I can’t get NBC 

1 Message

7 months ago

Comcast can fix the problem if they choose to. They own NBC.

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

7 months ago

I can get Irrational episodes in SD from On Demand. It's only the shows that are only on Peacock that appear to be HD-only, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's some sort of "feature" of Peacock.

(Select "Irrational" from the On Demand menu, select an episode that says it is on both NBC and Peacock, and select Watch Options; you should then see an option for Peacock (that says "Free HD" and can't be changed) and one for NBC (that can be changed between "Free HD" and "Free SD"); select "Free SD", and you should get the SD version.

Note that this may not be available for episodes not in the current season. You need to take this up with whoever decides what goes on Peacock.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

You must not have gotten to episode 8 yet.  Episodes 1-7 came out before roughly 1/17, when they still had the option of SD.  Everything on NBC that came out since roughly 1/17 (although could have been a bit earlier), have only been in the HD format. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @ThatDonGuy, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the episode, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here