U

Sunday, August 4th, 2024 11:03 PM

NBC HD channels pixelating

Over the last week, while watching the Olympics, both NBC HD channels have heavy pixelation, to the point of a pop-up notification stating that the channel needs to reset or cannot be viewed at this time, this also happens when we watch recordings, too... This is terribly frustrating while trying to watch NBC's coverage of the Olympics... We missed crucial moments during the "Prime Time" coverage, as well other times of the day... NO OTHER channels have this issue!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

I agree and today 8/5/24 it’s very bad. 

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

Hello @user_393115 I’m sorry to hear you're having issues while watching the Olympics. Lets get to the root of the issue. Is this only happening while the Olympics is on? Is it just one box or all? Have you checked the connection to ensure everything is finger tight and secure?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityKei​ hello, for me, it seems to be solely the NBC channel itself, both during live broadcast and DVR recordings; this has occurred both during daytime and night time... We have watched coverage on USA, as well as Peacock, and experienced no issues.

We have one box, and connectivity wifi and other channels are solid.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

I am glad to hear the others are working, user_h8lolr. Now to get NBC there as well. Have you tried a System Refresh signal? That resets the connections to our systems. If you have an X1 remote, you can say "System Refresh" to the Voice remote or press the A button and go to the right to find the signal. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Oh, no! @user_h8lolr Thank you for meeting us here in our Xfinity Forums community. Sorry to hear you are getting pixelation with NBC's coverage of the Olympics both live and recorded. I am watching the Olympics too, so I can imagine how this could interfere with your enjoyment. I have not had issues with mine, but we can take a look at your service to see if we can determine what is causing this issue with NBC. Just to make sure we have a good foundation, can you please make sure to check your coaxial cable connections at the wall and behind the modem to make sure they are secure and finger tight? Do you have any splitters on your coaxial cables connecting to your TV? If so, do you have a new one to swap it out with? We usually provide those when we ship equipment out. We look forward to hearing back from you.

1 Message

1 month ago

We just had a "system update" in our area performed by Xfinity today (7Aug) and now we have the same issue with our local NBC channel.  It is so bad, it won't come in at all.  We've checked several other channels and it's randomly occurring across several others (local and paid).  We've reset all the boxes, used the Xfinity app for help, performed a system update, unplugged and plugged back in anything xfinity related, etc. and no changes.  Can you please revert to the previous system as it was working fine yesterday.....

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_fqrjco It's important to us that you're able to enjoy the games and we'd appricate the chance to help troubleshoot this issue further. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here