andyj682's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, January 7th, 2024 4:38 AM

Closed

NBA League Pass is barely functional this year

I'm having so many issues with my NBA League Pass subscription this year. First and foremost, even though I'm subscribed, I'm unable to authenticate to watch games on the NBA app on iOS or Roku — is this still supposed to be part of the subscription? Even when I log in with my Xfinity credentials, the NBA app doesn't let me access games, even though this has worked fine in previous years.

Then there's the actual League Pass channels on Xfinity. When I record a game, I'd say that it works normally maybe 10% of the time? Another 20% of the time I'll end up with a recording that is only watchable on my DVR but where I only get audio via the Stream app on iOS (video is frozen) — this was an issue many people reported last year, and it's still happening. But most of the time this year it's even worse than that: the game is completely unwatchable even on my DVR, and the recordings often mysteriously delete themselves when they're done anyway.

What is going on here? How is this an acceptable level of service that we're paying an extra $100 for? Clearly I just need to subscribe via NBA directly next year, but I hope we're going to be getting fixes for these issues this season.

1 Message

9 months ago

We are experiencing very similar problems.  The NBA League Pass is barely functional this year.  For example, we watched a game and recorded that game and another one to watch later.  Neither would play on our DVR, and overnight they both disappeared without us having done anything to delete them.  We have had a League Pass on Xfinity for several years now, and have never had problems like this.  We even called for help, spent 1 hour+ on the phone.  The problem was not resolved and we were told there were "back end" issues. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@user_4cpo9n​ Yep. And it makes the problem I'm having not being able to watch games on the NBA apps on various platforms doubly frustrating, since it means I have no way to watch games I was counting on Xfinity to record for me. The whole reason I bother to subscribe via Xfinity instead of NBA directly is that it's nice to have the games right on the DVR/Stream app, but if that part isn't working, what is even the point?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Good day @andyj682  & @user_4cpo9n  We are aware of the concerns with The NBA League Pass. This issue is being actively addressed by our engineering teams. We hope to have a resolution for everyone soon. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Nba league pass not working tonight

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Having the same problem. Worked great in years past. I can't access archived games on the nba app. I can only watch live games. Same DVR issues. Very frustrating and may have me switch away from Xfinity all together.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@user_d6c658​ Yes, thanks for clarifying re: the NBA app. I can access live games on the iOS app but not archived ones. Can’t watch live or archived on Roku. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @andyj682, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your NBA League Pass this year. Are you getting any error messages when trying to watch NBA games on your cable box? We have seen an issue with doing this and found that if you try to tune into the game of the opponents team you may be able to work around the issue. We are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityChelseaB​ I can take a picture next time I get the error but it's something generic like "We're having a problem, try again later." And then generally when that happens the recording will just delete itself when the game is over. Do you have any insight into the subscription not working with the NBA apps on iOS, Roku, etc. like it has in past years? Is this a bug or something the NBA changed?

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

@andyj682, unfortunately, we do not have any further details other than it's been reported as a known issue that our engineers are working to resolve for everyone. Once we have any more information or show the issue has been resolved, we will provide those updates here. 

We appreciate your understanding and patience throughout this. 

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

@user_d6c658 Did you change your DVR set-top box at any point?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

8 months ago

NBA League Pass was working fine for me until late December. Since then, recording games never works properly. Most games have significant missing segments where time instantly jumps forward (for example, you are watching the second quarter and it suddenly jumps to the fourth period; or worse, it may jump to the text screen that appears after the broadcast ends). This is in the recording itself since the stream timestamp remains continuous (I have samples that show this, but Xfinity seems uninterested in looking at them). I have also experienced the issue where it displays a message "we're having a problem" then the recording deletes itself after a short period of time. My NBA League Pass subscription is not recognized by the NBA app when I login with my Xfinity credentials, so I have no way to see games unless I'm lucky enough to catch it live on Xfinity. I have watched games live and also recorded it on the same channel and observed that the live broadcast is fine but the recoding is trash. Spending a bunch of time with Xfinity support has not helped at all. Now, they tell me to get a new X1 box, but I seriously doubt that it will resolve the recording problem. The issues are with the recording itself since I see the same problems at the same timestamps when I playback through the Xfinity Stream app. I wish I could either get this fixed or get a refund for my subscription so I can go elsewhere for League Pass.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @andyj682! Thanks for taking the time to reach out on our Forums. We value you as a customer and appreciate you letting us know you're also having issues with NBA league Pass. We do apologize for any inconvenience or frustration caused by these issues. It seems you're running into other problems with NBA league pass besides the known issue, and we would like to troubleshoot those concerns further. Please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

After spending a bunch more time on the phone with a rep "troubleshooting" the recording issues, they want to replace my X1 box. The box is clearly not the problem since I can watch live games without issue but those same games are messed up when recorded. The box can be completely disconnected and shows can still be recorded via the Xfinity Stream app, so it's not the box! The reps that we talk to for "troubleshooting" have no idea what to do other than to follow their script. When that fails, they grasp at anything and it eventually comes down to replacing the box even though they say the box tests fine. This whole experience is frustrating and disappointing.

1 Message

7 months ago

I am having the exact same issue, what a complete joke having to pay 100 dollars for a product that doesn't work at all. I'd at least like to get my money back if they can't fix the problem. I think I've tried to watch about 20+ games on the service and I don't think a single one has worked correctly and cut out huge portions of the game. I know it's not an issue with my box because every other DVR'd game on national TV has zero issues. As soon as I have the opportunity I'm switching to a different TV/internet provider. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Same experience here - I record lots of shows on various channels every week and all work flawlessly except for the NBA League Pass channels which are faulty EVERY SINGLE TIME. Never subscribe to NBA League Pass from Xfinity. Go elsewhere for the subscription if you intend to watch game recordings.

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

@scott19999 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_af7cf6 Have you tried accessing the full game directly through NBA League Pass, you should be able to view the full game after it's completed under the 'Replays and Highlights' section.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 months ago

Update: as of today, I am finally able to watch full game replays in the NBA app when logged in with my Xfinity account. Xfinity and NBA League Pass have finally linked my Xfinity subscription to League Pass. So, even though I cannot successfully record a game on Xfinity, at least I can watch the game replay in the app.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

That is great to hear, and we are glad you can watch any games you may have not gotten to watch live.

1 Message

7 months ago

We are experiencing the sound cutting out and it’s pretty frustrating to pay extra for a service that doesn’t work. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey there, @user_25g3ce. We appreciate you reaching our team on our Forums page regarding the audio concerns. Are you experiencing this on any other channel?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here