U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, April 13th, 2023 7:41 AM

Closed

NASA TV - EATV2 resolution

Why is NASA TV, EATV2 channels 75 and 1077 in San Francisco, such horrible resolution? I have HD service with no problems on most channels, but NASA TV is a horrible blurry picture on both channels. Its been this way for years, not just a recent development. Given the interesting content of pictures from space it really should be in HD to get the full experience. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_11cb14! Thanks for posting on our community forums to let us know about the resolution issue with some of your channels. This is not the experience we would like you to have. I'm sorry to hear this has been going on for a while. Have you tried troubleshooting before? Have you rebooted your TV box manually or through our Xfinity App? Or checked the coaxial connection on both ends (wall plate and box) to make sure it's tight? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ 

This has always been the case with NASA TV on my system. I've had this service for many years, changed the box once and had many reboots for various other problems but channels 75 and 1077, called EATV2 on my system which broadcasts NASA TV has never been in HD. By your response am I to believe that Xfinity is broadcasting these channels in HD to everyone else in San Francisco, but the problem is with my box or cable even though my other HD channels work fine?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying. It is a little unusual that this only happens on one particular channel. EATV is listed in the channel lineup as "Local Programming", which means the content probably doesn't come to us from a digital or satellite feed, like most everything else. As far as you can tell, does other local programming like SF Commons, GovTV, etc., come though without these blurry issues?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Those channels do not appear to be in HD either. Since right now they have just text and one is out of service it's hard to compare level of resolution precisely. NASA TV does provide HD TV, but it appears Xfinity chooses not to use their HD feed. This channel really should be shown in HD given the type of content. Why does Xfinity choose to use a local, non HD, broadcast of NASA TV instead of their HD feed.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

That makes sense. NASA TV has some really great content. I'm not sure why the HD feed isn't available in your area. We might not currently have an agreement to carry it outside of EATV, or there could be other factors involved. The best thing you can do is send us a suggestion online at: https://collect.iperceptions.com/?lID=1&rn=123531&pID=1&hs1=102214&hs2=91787&siteID=1&referrer=Link&sdfc=03b756c0-123531-0dcbb1db-cd59-44d5-8c25-4e78d3da0dac&source=91787&destination=commentcard&width=680&height=750. Your feedback helps us reevaluate the channels and programs we offer.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ 

Thanks. I'll send the feedback.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here