U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Sep 15, 2022 10:17 PM

Msg Network

Msg will not be on the Xfinity Comcast lineup AGAIN this upcoming Rangers and Knicks season ? You’ve got to be kidding ? How is it that two professional New York sports teams,  with a huge following has just been discarded by the prominent Cable TV provider in the area ? This is how you reward loyalty by the fans ? No wonder attendance is down for these teams. Fans are tired of being used and abused by the teams and cable providers. Corporate greed has destroyed the interest in sports. All Spring and Summer fans had hoped that all would work to broker some type of agreement to return to the fans the entertainment these teams had provided especially in the down times of the pandemic. But sadly it’s the pursuit of the almighty dollar that once again forces fan to suffer. Great job.

Official Employee

• 

185 Messages

7 d ago

Hello there! Thank you so much for reaching out on Forums. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you, and please know we value you as a customer. The MSG+ network has decided to part ways with Comcast for business purposes. Nationally televised New York Knicks, New York Rangers, New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils games will be available on TNT and ESPN. MSG/MSG+ are available on Fubo. Please check your local listings for games that may be airing in your area. I appreciate your understanding. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcella​ is msg parting ways with Comcast Xfinity for business purposes code for you couldn’t reach a deal for the carriage rights ? Because I look around and other local cable providers such as Optimum, Spectrum and Direct TV still carry Msg. It’s pretty sad that local fans can’t watch their teams games on tv. What’s next ? Are you going to drop SNY or even YES Network ? I’ll say it again, corporate greed is destroying these teams and other professional leagues fan bases. But obviously your company doesn’t care. And stop trying to substitute the removal of these local professional sports teams with some other regional sports coverage that certainly doesn’t have the same interest level , and then tell the subscribers your still getting a local sports package. You’ve devised a way to stick it to the fans and your very own subscribers. Great Job. I’m sure you’ll lose even more subscribers with this charade

Official Employee

• 

357 Messages

@user_ab7829, Comcast’s agreements with programmers expire from time to time. We had been negotiating with MSG Networks to reach a fair deal that made sense for our customers before the current one expired, allowing us to continue offering MSG and MSG+ on our channel lineup, but were not able to come to an agreement.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for telling us to drop xFinity and move to Fubo. 

Honestly it's corporate greed on both sides, it's not about the customers saving money. If I can't watch on TV, my interest falls, and I don't go to games. So the teams will hurt from this and need to also push against this

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 d ago

Xfinity wants me to mark this as an accepted solution ? Are you serious ? This garbage answer does nothing to give me any confidence in this company to do what’s best for its customers. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 d ago

Xfinity doesnt care, thats why. They know many people arent going to leave their service, or can't leave their service due to contracts or no other local provider. So whats the point in them fighting this battle. 

I am stuck in a contract, so I can't leave. But the fact that Xfinity dropped MSG a year ago, and has not made any sort of new attempts or progress to strike a deal shows how little they care, and definitely tarnishes my feeling for the brand. No channel is safe. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here