MountainWizard's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 12th, 2023 5:55 PM

Closed

MLB Extra Innings recording wrong channel (opponent's feed)

I subscribe to Extra Innings. Basically, I subscribe just to watch the NY Yankee games which are on channel 3019.

Each team has their own announcers and broadcast, which is usually tailored to their team. There is a huge difference watching the Yankee broadcast on 3019 (the Yankee channel) and the opponent's channel. I would not have subscribed if I had to watch the opponent's channel.

I have tried to set up a reoccurring recording for all Yankee games on channel 3019. While each Yankee game gets recorded, the majority of the games are recorded on the wrong (opponents) channel. I've noticed the pattern; it records the game on the lowest channel number. So, if the Yankee's are playing a team with a channel number 3001-3018, it records it on that channel. If they are playing a team with a channel number 3020-3030, it records it on channel 3019 which is correct.

In the guide, I go to channel 3019 and select "All Future Recordings". If the team they are playing has a channel number 3001-3018 it does not record 3019.

For every game, I need to cancel the scheduled recording for that day, and manually select record for just that game.

This problem was reported last season (over a year ago) and has not been fixed. That topic was closed even though it was never resolved.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 year ago

The concern is not "Community Center" help related. Topic moved here to this help section for assistance. 

4 Messages

@EG​ where is this direct message icon?

4 Messages

Also, it is community related. Programming bug - affecting everyone except Diamondbacks fans.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @MountainWizard, and thank you for posting and sharing your experience. I would be happy to get a ticket open to have this reported. To get started, can you please send a direct message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support"? You can do this by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. 

4 Messages

@CCChe​ none of this works. You don’t even work for xfinity anymore.

4 Messages

1 year ago

This happens with my team as well. At 3008 I get eight more games recorded correctly. Lucky we’re not Nationals fans!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here