guzziguynj's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, May 9th, 2023 5:53 PM

Closed

MLB extra innings DVR issue

I have MLB Extra Innings package so that I can watch the Phil Phillies since I've moved from NJ to UT.  So I set the DVR to record all of the Phillies Channel on Extra Innings games which is on channel 3021.  The programming selects other's teams channels when playing the Phillies for recording sometimes like C Rockies channel is 668 ATT.  I do not want to watch the C Rockies broadcast this is why I pay extra for MLB extra innings.   It appears that if the other teams channel is lower than 3021 it sets the DVR to that lower channel. If the teams channel is higher then 3021 it sets the DVR to record the Phillies broadcast.    I had Xfinity support on the phone several times about this issue,   had tech out to the house - Not a hardware problem.  I know it's a logic issue, it looks for Phillies games and what ever comes up first it sets the DVR to record that channel.  No way to alter the channel on the recordings.   I know it's not a life or death issue but I pay EXTRA to watch the Phillies broadcast not the other teams broadcast.   Thank You.....

Also - -  I pay big $$$ for my Xfinity package and can not talk to a human being unless I go thru a stupid AI BOT that does not understand most questions then TEXTING a BOT and finally a human you can't hardly understand.   If you own an Apple computer ( NO MATTER HOW OLD IT IS ) you talk to a human in minutes...   Really Comcast?   It's not like we're paying $15.99 a month for your service...I guess somebody has to pay for those two skyscrapers in Philly!!!

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @guzziguynj, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! Are you setting the recording specifically on channel 3021, and it records different channels? 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityNico​ Thanks for replying.   At Xfinity's suggestion I deleted all the scheduled Phillies extra innings games recordings.  When the Game started last night I went to 3021 ( Phillies Channel) and selected RECORD.  There was no option to record ( SERIES ) like if I set the DVR to record Formula-1 it records all the future F-1 races.  When the broadcast is on the opposing team's channel I was unable to watch 3021. IT gave me a message that the program was not available.   Very confusing.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@guzziguynj Thank you so much for the details and for letting us know how you've attempted to record the games. I see you mentioned earlier a technician was already out to look at this and confirmed it did not seem to be a hardware issue. If this is a matter of how the recording feature is functioning for MLB Extra Innings we'll definitely want to get a ticket set up for our engineers to review.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here