guzziguynj's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, June 13th, 2023 4:22 PM

Closed

MLB Extra Innings DVR and blacked out games

First all all - It's a disgrace that I can not call Xfinity and speak with a REAL LIVE person without arguing with an AI BOT.  I pay lots and lots of money each month to Comcast.Disgusting!!!   I could have a 15 year old Apple computer and call 1-800-APPLE and within 5 minutes I'm speaking to a human to help me with my problem.  Please answer me that Mr. Roberts...

I pay extra to have the MLB EXTRA Innings so that I can watch the Philadelphia Phillies here in UTAH. When I select the DVR to record the Phillies games the DVR recording logic does not work.  The Phillies are on 3021.  IF they're playing the Mets who might be on Channel 3001 the DVR sets to record that game on 3001 not 3021.  I don't wan to watch the Met's broadcast or any other teams broadcast.   I don't know why someone at Xfinity can't understand this.  I've called at least 7 times about this.  No one has an answer and will not connect me to a supervisor.  

I pay extra to watch the Phillies ( out of Market ) on MLB Extra innings....   When they Play the Arizona Diamondbacks the Extra innings channels for both Phillies and DB are blacked out!!!!!   Why am I paying for this service if the games re not available.   No local broadcast/ No national broadcast....Just take my $$$ and don't provide the product.  I'm sure the tiny, tiny small print Gove comcast and MLB an out.....   Please respond.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

@guzziguynj Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Community Forums Team! I appreciate you sharing in your experience in trying to reach us. We are always looking to improve our customers experience with our products, services, and tools/resources. I will be sure the feedback gets in the appropriate hands. 

I can see you are having some difficulties with your recordings. I'm happy to assist you in getting this ironed out today. Have you by chance added the Phillies to your favorites by chance? This will prioritize the team instead of the channel. Before we begin, would you mind sharing any steps you have already tried. This way you don't have to repeat steps on your end. I look forward to working with you today. 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityKassie​ I don't know why my reply did show up, I replied last night..

So my steps:

1) Go to MLB Extra innings channel 3021(Phillies Channel)

2) Find the game start time on the guide.

3) select the RECORD button on the remote. 

4) Select All Games

5) Select Phillies Channel

6) Confirm

If I look into the future recordings --- Any team who extra Innings channel  is on a lower channel then 3021 the DVR selects to record on the lower channel #.

I've called about this at least 7 times, had to sit thru AI non-communications sending refresh signals to my equipment, they sent out a tech to check my hardware - - I told them that's useless -( They just wanted to get me off the phone)  The tech said there's nothing wrong with your equipment - My boss said do not replace anything... When I finally got to talk to a human who said they were going to fix my issue -- " Oh we know of the issue and it will be fixed with the hour " ( Again to get me off the phone ) Could I call back and by-pass the AI BOT and give them the case # and tell them the issues hasn't ben fixed...) NO   Nothing has been fixed... You ask for a supervisor - -After 20 to 30 minutes waiting.... "Sorry no supervisor available".  I can't believe your customer service software package doesn't have the ability to give me a CASE # and if I'm calling back about the same issue I can't by-bass the [Edited: "Language"] AI  " A SERVICE PERSON CAN'T HELP YOU UNLESS I SEND A REFRESH SIgNAL TO YOUR EQUIPMENT" and let me TALK to a human with the open case #.  The smallest of software companies have such a system...it saves TIME and makes for better customer service...  Comcast always claims they care about customers but the trouble shooting process is one if not the worst in the world... I know this isn't life or death but I spend a lot of hard earned $$$ for the MLB Extra innings package + the $$$ I already pay to Comcast for cable / Internet / phone and have been a customer for over 30 years...that's like $108,000 paid to comcast. For $108K you'd think I could at least talk to a human being!!!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

We can surely look into this, and see if there has been anything reported regarding this. Can you send us a DM with your name and address? 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

1 year ago

The first one is a known problem - for some strange reason that no one has been able to solve yet, it will always go to the first channel that has the game.

There is a reason for the second one as well. You live in the Arizona Diamondbacks "region." To protect the local broadcasters and regional sports networks, MLB Extra Innings will not show any Diamondbacks games in your area - period. Otherwise, what stops someone who wants to watch the Diamondbacks from saying, "But I'm also a Phillies fan - why can't I watch the game on the Phillies channel? (next week) But I'm a Dodgers fan - why can't I watch the game on the Dodgers channel? (next week) But I'm a Giants fan..." This is not a Comcast problem by any means.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@ThatDonGuy​ IT's a logic problem with the DVR programming...   In the code simply write, channel 3021 preferred, set to record that channel not the first occurrence of the "Phillies".  IF on a national broadcast give the person a choice to pick that.   I'm not even a programmer and I think I could figure that out.   All the $$$ paid to Comcast you'd think they'd be able to FIX this..I guess all the $$$ went to the massive buildings in Philly which house...THE TECHNOLOGY CENTER....   I guess they work all day on figuring out how to cut their tech support staff by using AI...It's so disgusting that you can't talk to a human unless you argue with a computer about your problem for hours and it's not like I'm paying $29.99 a month. 

Yes,  this Bally sports thing is a mess.  MLB should just void their contact for non-payment and take back the games or sell to another broadcaster.....It's so frustrating this whole thing.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here