U

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, January 11th, 2024 8:32 AM

Closed

Missing showtime episodes

I subscribe to showtime through Xfinity. Why are certain random episodes of showtime series only available on Paramount+, i.e. "Fellow Travelers" or "We Hunt Together"

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

8 months ago

Great question @user_afa304 The content available is provided to us by the networks. The programming availability, pricing, and broadcast are subject to their discretion.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityDena​ can you ask showtime why they're withholding from their customers then? Removing a whole series would make sense, but it's doubtful that they would offer most of a series except for a single episode here and there. That's like removing 15 minutes from the middle of a movie. It seems more like a mistake, either on showtime's part or Xfinity. I would appreciate it if you checked to make sure it wasn't an oversight.

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

We do not talk with networks and tell them what shows or series that they should keep or take down. These decisions are solely based on the networks decision.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

198 Messages

8 months ago

It's a total mess. I am a Showtime subscriber and now have no way to watch many of the movies and shows that were on the Showtime Anytime app, but are not on the Xfinity Stream app. I was told we were supposed to be able to log in to the Paramount+ app with our Xfinity login as a TV provider, since we pay for that access, but Xfinity isn't listed as a provider. I just tried calling and was put on hold for a long time, so never got back to me with an answer. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@sbwinter2

As of December 14, 2023, Paramount shut down the SHOWTIME Anytime app. It’ll no longer be available to any customers on any platforms. If you subscribe to SHOWTIME and are billed through Xfinity, you can continue to watch SHOWTIME the following ways:

*X1 customers: Watch live and On Demand content on your X1 TV Box and in the Xfinity Stream app.
*Flex customers: Continue to access your SHOWTIME subscription on your Flex streaming TV Box and in the Xfinity Stream app. 
*All customers out of home: Watch SHOWTIME in the Xfinity Stream app.

SHOWTIME Anytime no longer available

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

198 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ That is what you are saying now, but I was told, by an Xfinity rep, that we would be able to log into the P+ app with our Xfinity login and we would have access to all of our Showtime programming there (not sure about the P+ programming, but I don't care about that). It took her a while to find that answer, but that is what she found. So why isn't Xfinity listed as a TV provider yet. I am paying for Showtime and can't access all of the programming I pay for since the Stream app doesn't include everything the Showtime app did, or P+ app does now. I don't want to leave Xfinity, since I like having the live channels, so you need to make this right.

1 Message

8 months ago

Yes- I have a very similar issue.... Looking to stream "The Curse" which is on Showtime, and only episodes 2-10 are showing.... there is NO Episode 1!

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @user_to2z92! Thanks for reaching out about the Episode of "The Curse" on Showtime. I just checked on my X1 cable box and see that listed in there to watch on Showtime On Demand as well as the Paramount+ app. I was able to start it on On Demand. Did you say the name of the show to the voice remote or did you go into Showtime On Demand to try and find that? I used the voice remote with the name of the title when I searched.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityRay​ Why is episode 7 of The Curse only 7 minutes long? Where is the rest of the episode??

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Howdy rehobothbeach,

Hope you are having a great day! It sounds like you might need to run a system refresh. That is super easy! Here is the process on this link here below. Side note, just seeing the name Rehoboth beach makes me think of salt water taffy from Dolles, 😀such a fixture of my childhood. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

1 Message

5 months ago

Problem with Paramont+ On Demand 

I am a subscriber to Showtime.  I am trying to watch Star Trek Discovery On Demand via the streaming app.  
The problem is there are random episodes that do not have the entire episode.

For example Season 2 Episode 10 is supposed to be 48 minutes long but there are only the first 13 minutes of the episode.

How are you supposed to watch a series when there is so much missing content?

Please advise 

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@cubswin09. Thank you for using the Community Forums to reach out. Missing that much of your program would certainly be a frustrating experience. Let's get to the bottom of this issue together. Do you come across the same issue using your TV box that you are seeing with the Stream app?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here