Jcdriscodc's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 11:00 AM

Missing a handful of channels

Since yesterday, I've been missing about 4 channels--in Washington, DC, 893 and 894 (IFC and Hallmark HD) and BBC America and Oxygen (930 and 931).  They remain on the list of channels I subscribe to.  I can also see the SD versions of these channels.  I have a TiVo, which I have not had these issues with before, and which I've restarted several times.  The automated chat system assumes I have an X1 box and suggests restarting it.  I don't see other options for chatting with a person or emailing them.  I can wait or print out a copy of the bill to get the support phone number.  Any advice in the meanwhile?

Responses

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

Have you checked your billing statement for any channel change announcements? Looked at the stream app or website if those channels are available there (eliminate equipment)?
Ma4201

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

6 m ago

When I have an issue with Xfinity I call 800 934 6489 you will have to listen to a bunch of  voice promts  to get to a live person I have better luck getting to a live person weekdays during the daytime 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

Yes, they remain on the set of channels I subscribe to and are available through my non-Comcast internet to watch on my iPad.

This has occasionally happened before and "fixed itself" within a few hours.  I may try the phone number listed below if that doesn't happen this time.  I wouldn't mind nonautomated chat, but I don't see how to do that.  The app and website don't make it easy to communicate with Comcast.

Edited to add:  No mention on pdfs of bills, which also offer more ways to contact Comcast.  Will wait to see if it fixes itself and will then try contacting them.  Not worth a service visit for me right now.

Final note:  The problem has been resolved.  I'm not sure how.  The app reported widespread outages in the neighborhood, so perhaps that was related.  I will likely just wait again next time.

Further edited:  As another workaround, I added IFC and BBC America to my Apple TV.  Bitrate appears to be higher than the Comcast cable.  I may stay with this approach even if the channels do return.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

Fix lasted for less than a day.  Problem is back again.  Will probably just wait again.  There are new outages in neighboring zip codes.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

Final update:  Chatted with a support person who sent a signal that fixed the problem.  Unsure of the cause, but solution turned out to be simple.  Will take this route first next time.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 m ago

I also have a TiVo. I’m missing BBC America HD. I’ve called 2 times to Comcast support and they will send a signal to the cable card which does nothing. Then they say it’s a known issue and they’re working on it. The last time I talked to them on Wednesday, they said a “high level tech” will call me back within 48 hours. Still no call. Very frustrating. If I hadn’t already invested in several TiVo boxes, I would cancel Comcast and get an internet solution.

New to the Community?

Start Here