U

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Tue, May 10, 2022 8:39 PM

MeTV

Channel 1048 MeTV is not available on my box upstairs but is available on the downstairs box.  Can you push it to the other box?  Why is it available on the main box and not the secondary box upstairs?  Why was the channel moved in the first place? 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

15 d ago

I have the same problem. 1048 is not available on all my boxes that are not on the X1 platform? On top of that, on my X1 boxes, I get the black screen of death saying I don't have access to this channel?

I had a technician out to work on my router since they upgraded the download speed and the old router wasn't capable of more than 300Mbps. He did not know why they moved the channel or why I could not receive it on my X1 boxes.

It seems like now is the time for Xfinity to eliminate the two-tier boxes and provide the X1 box on all their basic service accounts? Oh, by the way, surely there are millions of baby boomers still living that still watch Perry Mason, Alfred Hitchcock, Matlock, etc... 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@johndeerel99​ Now they have taken it off of my channel line up and I am getting the same message as you are on both of my X1 boxes.  Looks like another phone call is in order to remedy this.  I also e-mailed ME-TV to let them know what is going on.  They apparently think Comcast is offering the channel on 1048 and the problem has been solved.  Obviously it has not.

joi1

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

15 d ago

My channel lineup shows channel 1048 included in my package that I pay for. On Tuesday, i got METV for about 24 hours, now it says the channel is not available. This needs to be addressed by COMCAST  and FIXED!  I have restarted and refreshed over and over to no avail and the so called CHAT with a live person is beyond useless.  If your question is more than 4 or 5 words, they reply that they don't understand. 

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

@joi1

I will be happy to take a look for you. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

32 Messages

@XfinityTravis​ I sent a message to Xfinity Support last night. I have not heard back.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We are upset at our sudden inability to watch MeTV, which is part of our viewing package. It's one of our favorite channels. We want it back please!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityTravis​ 

This same fiasco happened when FLIX was moved to channel 1771.  It reported the same as MeTV does now on channel 1048:

This Requires a Subscription

To watch this program, you'll need to subscribe to this channel. Go to Xfinity.com/UpgradeTV to update your packages.

Well, the page one is directed to shows an error.  According to my channel lineup it is available to me but the on screen guide claims it is not a free channel.  This is typical of Comcast/Xfinity.  No doubt the channel was changed for the guide but some backend streaming filter wasn't updated with the new information.  A multi-billion dollar company making high school mistakes.

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

Hello there @user_bfd4d2  I can certainly understand a change to your favorite channel being upsetting and we'd be happy to look into this. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 d ago

For those missing their daily fix of MeTv, I found 2 places that stream it.
One is Free 2 View TV, and on their Roku app have an "exclusive" section that includes 2 feeds of the main MeTV channel. It is free, with donations accepted. There is no program guide, and the picture quality is NOT high def.
Another is Frndly, a streaming app with about 3 dozen channels, for about $10 a month. (There are no local broadcast, news, or sports channels with this service.) However, the picture is high def and there is a program guide. Most programs can be recorded for later viewing. Some are available for on demand (not from MeTV though).
I still use the RNG200N box since my mom & I like to maintain separate program lists on our DVRs. When I called last week, the CSR told me the RNG boxes would get MeTV, but now that appears to be another Comcast untruth. 
For those in western Virginia, Glo Fiber does have MeTV in their lineup. When & if Comcast retires the RNG boxes, I'll see what else Glo Fiber have.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here