U

Monday, June 24th, 2024 5:16 AM

MeTv toons

Is MeTv cartoon Channel going to be available on xfinity in the Detroit area more specifically 48101??

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

@UncleWill We do not have any current plans to add MeTv to our line up options at this time. I'm sure we'll make a huge announcement if it ever becomes available. Until then, is there anything else I can help you with? How's your internet service working out for you?

1 Message

We need MeTv Toons in Massachusetts!!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

Looking at the MeTV Toons "Where to watch", there are no Detroit stations carrying it, so Comcast cannot carry it as it is a BROADCAST network carried by a local TV station.

https://metvtoons.com/wheretowatch/zip/

3 months ago

You have METV,. METV+ why not add METV TOONS we get charged enough for broadcast fee for OTA channels why not gives us them all

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

As posted, Comcast can only add MeTV Toons if a LOCAL TV STATION also carries it. If they created a new subchannel for it, then they have to make a deal with Comcast as there are all sorts of retransmission fees. Broadcasters are EXTREMELY GREEDY. To be honest, Comcast is trying to keep some costs down because they are losing customers like crazy due to the sharply increasing retransmission fees.

2 Messages

That’s not true look at all the stations  xfinity carries that are not broadcast stations   Like discover , history , Disney channel , Nickelodeon 

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Thank you so much for your insight UncleWill. It would be up to the agreement with the network provided from MeTV for the additional channels. We will document the feedback, and we would recommend visiting here https://www.xfinity.com/hub/customer-experience/xfinity-customer-care-update to submit the feedback wanting the MeTV Toons. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

@UncleWill​ , Networks like Discovery, History and similar are CABLE networks only carried by cable/satellite/streaming services. MeTV Toons is a BROADCAST network only carried by TV stations that BROADCAST over the air and can be received with an antenna.

2 Messages

1 month ago

While you're at it, please go a few miles down I-94 and add it to Ann Arbor as well.  Thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here