JohnnyMathis's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2024 2:00 PM

MeTV (KFFV) missing in Seattle area

As of about 2215 on 7/18/2024, while watching, MeTV channel 117 froze up and stopped working.  The SD version (channel 15) also not available.  The MeTV+ channel same issue.  All other channels working.  Not able to stream channel 117 or 15 either.  I assume KFFV (MeTV in Seattle area) has been removed from the Xfinity lineup, but cannot confirm.   Xfinity assistant broken (?due to cyber outage right not, or ??), and phone wait times are ridiculous.  

Can anyone confirm or deny that KFFV has been removed in the Seattle area?

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

2 months ago

I'm on Bainbridge and both channels 117 and 21 show in the guide, but never get to the program content.  I record an old show twice a day at 9a and 1130p.  The 9a recording from yesterday is fine, the 1130p one doesn't play 

1 Message

It died last night about 10:10pm while I was watching.  And that was all she wrote.

1 Message

Sooo, what does Comcast or KFFV say about it?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Who can get through to Comcast???

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_c5dyl0 We are sorry this channel seems to be having some trouble. Please keep in mind that KFFV is something carried by the network in your area and broadcast locally. Because of that, we're not able to add it if programming in the area changes.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 months ago

Remember that the feed comes from KFFV. Comcast just passes on what is aired. KFFV could be having technical issues. If you have an antenna, or know someone who does, you can check to see if it is airing. KFFV also airs H&I, Movies!, Catchy Comedy, MeTV+, Story, MeTV Toons, and OnTV4U. Are any of the others still working on Comcast?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFFV#Technical_information

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes, these channels are all off as well.  I'm not close enough to Seattle to see it OTA, so I'm outta luck, it seems

1 Message

2 months ago

According to AI copilot, Comcast has removed MeTV per Sinclair Broadcast Group directions.  Contract issues is yet to be determined or resolved.  Hence no MeTV regardless of current outages.  Validity of this is always in question.    Date:  07/19/2024  11:00am

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_aw7lic KFFV is a channel that is carried by the local network in your area. Unfortunately, we cannot provide it to you as a singular channel and we do know that the local network may make programming changes and this includes adding or removing the content that is carried by them.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 months ago

Not always up to date, but you can keep an eye out on this link about upcoming contract or other issues.

https://www.xfinity.com/programmingchanges

1 Message

2 months ago

All KFFV channels are offline (inc. H&I and Movies!) on our provider (Ziply). I assume it's related to the cyber outage. 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Here in Puyallup, KFFV, KFFV-4, KFFV-5, Channels 15, 117, 347, 1196 are all off air, starting on the night of July 18. Called Comcast on the mid-morning of the 19th and got through to an agent who ran a series of diagnostic tests, to no avail. Was asked to wait an hour while a much deeper diagnostic test was completed, and that I would be called back by a 'higher tech' agent to check on my service. There has been no call back after 90 minutes, and these channels are still out. As these are stations I watch, and pay for, Comcast should be crediting our accounts for the interruption to our service.

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

2 months ago

Mine is back, here in Olympia.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Here too. And I was ready to blame Xfinity. Should have been easy for their support to just tell me they were off air, but no. They just tried to upgrade me via chat... Sigh

2 Messages

2 months ago

Happy to say that the KFFV family of channels is back on the air her in Puyallup. Maybe it was the 'Crowd Source' update that affected their broadcast too, as several local stations, KOMO and KING, had problems related to the crashing of Windows due to the update? But like was said, could have, and would have been a lot easier and more 'customer friendly' had the agent just told me that the KFFV channels were not broadcasting due to technical issues.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Ugh, mine isn't, but I use an antenna for my broadcast channels. Please don't make me auto program the channels and go through the laborious process of deleting all of those stupid selling channels!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

No, KFFV is still in existence. However, I think that the Crowdstrike disaster brought a number of Weigel Broadcasting channels down...including MeTV and H&I. In fact, I was watching Star Trek: DS9 on H&I at 10:15pm PDT when it went down.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here