etienne53a's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, April 5th, 2022 2:58 AM

Closed

Metv+ disappeared

What happened to Metv+?  It disappeared five days ago.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

724 Messages

2 years ago

The most likely answer is, the station that was broadcasting it in your area decided to change MeTV+ to something else.

Click here to go to the MeTV Locations page, then enter your ZIP code, press Enter, then when the page reloads, scroll down to where it says "MeTV+" to see if there is a Comcast or Xfinity entry.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

2 years ago

There are multiple threads. Weigel Broadcasting started a new channel called Story TV. In some areas, it replaced MeTV+. In others, it is a new channel, but Weigel wanted Story TV on Comcast as added a new channel can take a long time that involves all sorts of new agreements and contracts. There is typically no real issue with simply replacing a channel.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Is Xfinity going to put METV+ back on?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I was told to contact my cable company to request METV+, but they keep replying back they don’t understand my questions

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Weigel says you can get it on antenna service and to ask your cable provider to add MeTV+ to their line-up. 

PLEASE ADD MeTV+ TO THE LINE-UP FOR MY XFINITY SERVICE!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please give us back MeTV+. We watched it all the time and miss it very much. Don't care for the channel you replaced it with. Why don't you give your customers any say in what channels are removed or added?? We're the reason you exist, after all.

Official Employee

• 

711 Messages

HI @user_3dead5. Unfortunately, we do not control the programming of local TV stations. These decisions are made by the station and parent company of the station. I do apologize for this inconvenience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Just like you took away TCM and the Starz channels? Why am i paying all this money for you to remove stations i want to watch?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I know that there have been a number of correspondents, who have mentioned their displeasure at losing the METV+ channel, so I apologize for this repetition. Nonetheless, it is increasingly irritating to have valued channels routinely removed from our Comcast cable package - ostensibly for the purpose of adding a supposed more desirable channel. The Story channel has had a few interesting programs - but there is no comparison to the volume of programs that we watched on the METV+ channel.

While the cable service from Comcast has been very reliable for the entirety of our many years as a Comcast customer, it is far too often punctuated with regular and substantial price increases - and this seems to be equally often accompanied by inconvenient and unappreciated reductions in the number of channels that are made available. The last price increase for 2022, which was enough of an annoyance in its own right,  is now accompanied by the loss of the METV+ channel. 

Our geographic location makes it a bit difficult to easily access the over-the-air channels from the Chicagoland area, so I have been reluctant to pursue this option. However, with this latest programming decision, it  might be advisable to research recent improvements in antenna technology, and see if we might be able to access these channels free of charge. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

I know it's frustrating, but it is something we are aware of. At this time, we just don't have a fix for it. As soon as we get one, we will let you all know though! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here