tbill1's profile

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

Friday, September 6th, 2024 10:50 AM

Kansas City game recording problems

Anybody else have their recording of the game going to the cloud instead of DVR? Every other channel I tried

while this was happening recorded normally.  Then I tries to record the replay on the NFL channel at 2:30 am, and 

the same cloud recording happened. I tried recording both NBC and the NFL channel after the game finished and they

both worked fine. I wonder if the title "Sunday Night Football" which is when NBC normally shows the game had something to do

with this?

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

28 days ago

@tbill1 Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. Just to clarify, is there an issue watching the game that you have recorded? 

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

The only issue is that I don't like watching cloud versions of recordings when it should be

on the hard drive.  There was something  put in the broadcasting signal of that game that prevented it

from being recorded on the hard drive. That game was rebroadcasted on the NFL channel 3 times

Please explain  why each time just before the game aired on the NFL channel I made a test recording

and it went to the DVR as normal, but 5 minutes later when the game aired the recording  went to the cloud?

This happened each and every time. Any other time I tried to make a test recording that day and the next on either NBC

or the NFL network, it recorded normally to the hard drive.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @tbill the recording feature is going to be an automatic function. I did some extra research and as long as you're getting your extra storage space your service is working as intended.  I wish I had more detailed information to share. The best thing you can do is manage your future recordings the way you have been. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

Tried to record the Bears game a few minutes ago several times...Again, right to the Cloud. Something is obviously

different, because you always had an option to add 1.5 hrs to a live sports recording and  the option is only letting you 

extend 30 minutes.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

27 days ago

Finally my problem was confirmed in another thread in all X1 activities..Every recorded NFL game (doesn't matter what channel)

goes right to the cloud. 2 different boxes locked up on me (had to unplug and reboot) when using the 30 second skip.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here