Rubicon4's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, June 15th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Investigation Discovery

When is Investigation Discovery coming back to the lineup?

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

Investigation Discovery is back today!  Check your channel.  🙂

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had Investigation Discovery with my plan - the price of which is now more than I am willing to pay so I changed to another plan - now I cannot get ID (I still get 250+ channels).  Agent I spoke to said it was because Comcast thought it was not popular so it was only grandfathered for people that had it in their plans, like my old one.  Are you kidding me???  When is it coming back?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I Just changed over and I triple checked that ID was part of my lineup. It was listed in the most basic package. I verbally asked about it when I spoke with a customer rep before we committed to the switch only to discover, when I go to that channel, that it wasn’t available. It was completely misleading to have it listed when it’s been gone since even before I signed up (from everything I’ve seen online). I was highly upset as well and keep hoping they decide to bring it back bc when you look on Twitter, it has a lot of people upset.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been fighting with Comcast for more than a year about this and I did at least have a customer service rep that was honest enough to tell me the truth and that they weren't getting it back anytime soon.  I originally called to change my service but when she told me it would not be in the new lineup if I made ANY changes AT ALL.  Since I had it currently, I would be able to keep it if I kept my current package and eat the $35/mo fee increase.  What a crock!!  So my bill is ridiculous, but I still have Joe Kenda which is how some people still have access since they never changed their plan.  I keep checking back to see when they make a deal but I only have so much patience so I have 3 more months, then it's "Cord Cutting" to the max.  Philo and Sling have it in their lineup so that's where we'll end up most likely.  Dumb move to begin with but at this rate, over a year later, it is now stupid.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I’ve been with Comcast for years. I just switched my package and my Investigation Discovery, which is all I watch, got an error message. After Comcast pushing out updates, fixes, etc...they sent out a tech. Who created a drop line. When I called back saying now it needs a subscription, “that’s impossible”, we removed that completely from all packages. That is horrendous service, from cable which is becoming more and more a thing of the past. I only watch ID and Netflix.
I’ll be looking for new companies all together, and no, I won’t be forced to pay the cancellation fee...as in no time of the switch, the updates/troubleshooting or the tech support was thus mentioned, despite that being the ONLY channel I was asking about.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Hatchem wrote:
I’ve been with Comcast for years. I just switched my package and my Investigation Discovery, which is all I watch, got an error message. After Comcast pushing out updates, fixes, etc...they sent out a tech. Who created a drop line. When I called back saying now it needs a subscription, “that’s impossible”, we removed that completely from all packages. That is horrendous service, from cable which is becoming more and more a thing of the past. I only watch ID and Netflix.
I’ll be looking for new companies all together, and no, I won’t be forced to pay the cancellation fee...as in no time of the switch, the updates/troubleshooting or the tech support was thus mentioned, despite that being the ONLY channel I was asking about.

ID was removed a long time ago.  Customers were grandfathered in to the channel until their plan expired and they renewed or updated, at which point the channel was removed.

If you're in a contract and you cancel you will pay an early termination fee.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same problem. Upgraded package and lost Investigation Discovery Channel. Feel ripped off! Hope xFinity will bring it back with so many complaints!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same here. Updated channel package to "better" one and lost our favorite channel: ID. Would've been great had there been some disclosure notice to switching.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

You can still get "some" ID chanels via PlutoTv.

Go to:  Apps>Video>PlutoTv>On Demand>ID Discovery

Some of the shows are listed and can be viewed there.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I was on the phone for 1 hour and 15 minutes trying to get this resolved. I upgraded - I thought - to a plan that would give me better streaming for a room that wasn't receiving well, so with that, ID was taken off. They didn't inform me of this channel being not available with the new plan. They said it was the same channels. I like others here on this feed, watch ID everyday and now it's gone. I can get it back by canceling my contract and paying $33 more a month? Are you kidding me? I've been with Xfinity/Comcast for 20+ years and this is no way to treat a loyal customer. So aggravating being on the phone that long, being transferred 3 different times and even speaking to the "loyalty" person which got an ear full from me. No help what so ever. Just wanted more money and wasted 1.15 hours that I'll never get back!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The same thing happened to me today. We are so disappointed. I'd was our favorite. But a tech is scheduled to come Friday. I don't know the purpose????

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It doesn't seem right that you choose a package with what you want to watch and Comcast can willy nilly change the package. Then, you say oh that's not what I signed up for and they charge you for dropping them.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

"you will pay" seriously, I'm already paying way to much for the ridiculous amount of channels I never watch. I was told I'd have the same channel line up with the upgrade to X1. Clearly this wasn't true.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Add me to the list. Two hours on the phone and a promise that the channel will be back soon. Soon as in when? When I cut the cord and go to Sling?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yep. . I wanted to attempt to save on my $300 bill with them and was told I would no longer have ID if I did. So, I dropped them and went with DirectTv and their interface and remote is horrible. The remote is the clunkiest thing I have ever seen and it has no voice capabilities🙄so we’re getting the shaft either way. All just to have the channel you enjoy the most...sad state of affairs.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here