U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 17th, 2022 11:05 PM

Closed

I want my MeTV!!

where is meTV!!!  I miss all the great programming!!

New Poster

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

Well they moved the channel (on my system from 1172 to 1048) and broke it. Many people have finally gotten it back - when it first came back for some of us we got the audio but a bunch of pixels jumping around the screen.

They finally got that fixed but now a lot of us are having a synch problem, the picture is about a quarter second in front of the actual audio, very distracting. This particular problem (audio synch) has been going on for me since the channel became available again without the video issues about five days ago.

I guess they have to fix this local provider by local provider and they have not gotten to you yet, I am in Northernmost VA (Winchester area).

Just be aware when it comes back it may likely be with problems.

I do wonder if Comcast does ANY QC when they make a change, you know like tune into the channel they moved to make sure it works? It sure seems like they don't.

The other thing they never explained is why they moved an existing channel to a new channel number to put a new channel into the old MeTV channel slot.

Why not just put the new channel in the EMPTY channel slot?

Best of luck......

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

@Analogeezer​ Well now I know why Carol Burnett is recording again, even though I cancelled the show months ago. 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out over Xfinity Forums @user_4009b4.

MeTV has changed channels and is still available in HD on channel 1048. If you have a non-X1 TV Box, you are eligible to exchange it. MeTV is no longer available in SD format or on non-X1 and DTA devices. 

Customers were notified of this change via the following bill message included in the May 5 - June 4, 2022, bill cycle:

TV Update: On May 9, 2022, WTTG Start TV will replace WTTG MeTV on chs. 196/1172.

There are many choices for similar programming in SD and without changing your boxes, including:

• WRC Cozi- channel 1165 (Classics from 1960-2000s)
  • WDCA H&I- channel 1175 (Classic action, drama, and adventure from the 1950-1990s)
  • WDCW Antenna TV- channel 1178 (Classics from 1950-1990s)
  • WDVM Rewind- channel 1181 (Shows from the 80s and 90s)

Where to Find Start TV

Channel Lineup Channel Number
Alexandria 196/1172
Arlington 196/1172
Calvert County 196/1172
Charles County/Waldorf 196/1172
Culpeper 196/1172
Fauquier County 196/1172
Frederick County 196/1172
Front Royal 192/1172
Front Royal NRB 202/1172
Hancock 198/1172
Loudoun County 196/1172
Luray 187/1172
Martinsburg 195/1172
Montgomery Md 196/1172
Page County 198/1172
Prince George's County 196/1172
Prince William 196/1172
Reston 196/1172
Spotsylvania/Stafford 196/1172
Washington Dc  196/1172
Winchester 196/1172
Keyser 181/1172
Todd Township 249/1172
Washington County 249/1172

Any scheduled DVR recordings for programming on WTTG MeTV will now record WTTG Start TV instead, beginning on Friday, May 9, 2022, at 12:00 AM. If you would like to continue to record MeTV, your recordings will need to be reset to record on WDME MeTV HD channel 1048. However, you can still watch any programming from WTTG MeTV that you previously recorded.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you, and please know we value you as a customer. This change was made by the broadcasters, independently of Comcast.

This wonderful information was provided by @XfinityGina.

If you have an older box or package that does not include HD, our team would be happy to help with your account. We will be on standby!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAnna​ all they do take away from. The. Basic and charge more to have metv if xfinity said the state oregon plus other states then why you get metv stream to another package that cost more. They did not discontinue metv in orego .xfinity are liars

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have HD tv on Xfinity when I turn to 1148 it’s not MeTv it looks like a pay movie channel. If I say MeTV into my remote it takes me to the old channel 302. This is very frustrating. I pay a lot for my cable and it shouldn’t be this difficult if something changes channels. 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hi, we would like to help with your channel concern. Please send us a private massage. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Thank you for this post!  I was freaking out thinking we no longer had MeTV!  My mom will be so happy when I tell her we have the channel back! 🙌🏾😃

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I want my me tv back It's not the same without watching my old shows every morning I don't understand why they touched it that was my favorite channel they have to mess up something 

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hi there! I'm so sorry about the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the removal of MeTV was a decision made by the broadcast stations, owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group. Comcast has no control over this.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityCrystal​ at least put our favorite western shows on a different channel like rawhide  wagon train

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m in Charleston, SC and MeTV is gone! We are so heartbroken. We love this channel. Please tell me it’s not gone! How can we get this back?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_a01ca0​ me to I will miss my rawhide 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I agree MeTV is a great station, @user_f19721. I did not like seeing this change come through either. You listed some great shows. I relax in the evening starting with Carol Burnett then go through the Twilight Zone. This link shows our Channel Request FAQs. At the bottom of that link, there is another link to request a channel that I encourage you to fill out. It goes to the team directly responsible for our channels. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Where is MeTV?  This was one of our favorite channels!!  You just took away the cartoons my kids were watching on Saturday mornings.  They are more than upset about this.  I don't know why I continue to pay the high prices for Xfinity programming.  Seems like every year I'm getting less and paying more!!  This is probably going to fall on deaf ears because I doubt any management will see this post.   Not Happy!!!!!!!!!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_ee0191​ they took away rawhide to

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_ee0191​ Hi there! I'm so sorry about the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the removal of MeTV was a decision made by the broadcast stations, owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group. Comcast has no control over this.

Wow how sad 

I

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_ee0191​ 

just dump xfinity! I did and I bought [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

Please read the MULTIPLE posts about Sinclair and Scripps stations dropping MeTV. Comcast has NO control over this.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thank you for the information!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@andyross​ they need to put the western shows on a different channel then 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I went to record rawhide and noticed channel change name

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Ok, COMCAST/XFINITY... sinclair & scripps stations drop it... why don YOU add a contract/channel with another company that carries it (sure it is cheap, as they all are re-runs)... If HBO is only $9.99 a month, I would assume MeTV is MUCH less... a few dollars a month to keep customers happy. Is that too much to ask?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

Sorry, but MeTV is a BROADCAST network. Comcast cannot add an out-of-market station or directly add MeTV on it's own. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

ME-TV was removed from Xfinity options in Portland OR area - and it won't be back, according to a Comcast representative who checked it all out - Sinclair Broadcasting (KATU in Portland) stopped providing it, so we're out of luck - too bad - I miss getting Svengoolie, Twilight Zone, Carol Burnett, etc.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@dianjohn3​ I'm so sad about this.  I run a home for disable kids and it was by far their favorite channel. Boo on you Sinclair.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Comcast just STOPPED providing US the channel! Cut the chord. 6.99 FrndlyTV and stream! Me tv is on there!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I put channel 1048 on and all I get is Disney's 101 Dalmatians.  What am I doing wrong?

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

Just a comment on ME-TV programming and other similar channels. No need to get too worked up about it because every show on these kind of channels are edited to 45 minutes for an hour show. The old shows from 70's and earlier were 52-minutes in an "hour." In the 1950's this was closer to 56 or 57 minutes. They now cut the shows to 45 minutes, and that also includes further 'adjusting' by speeding up the video so they can jam still in another 2 minutes of commercials.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Missing MeTV! Is it too much to ask to get it back? Please bring it back!!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_84ba39​ there in control and don't [Edited: "Language"] what you want, they told me metv is no longer the state oregon and other states. Than way do they want you sart tv which has metv and charge you more, etc. they take away stations so they leave you to watch nothing for the basic

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

there in control comcast does not care . you pay for these channels and they discontinue without telling you or they lie to you and charge more. they took away alot of channels from the basic and leave nothing for you to watch. Also they said the state of oregon is no longer with metv than Why they want you to sign up with start tv which has this for extra charge im looking for a better service

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Looking at ME TV website this is latest post for Portland availability.  ///Portland OR - Comcast 1197 - effective 9/13/2022///.  COMCAST can you confirm this channel is active with ME TV.

Lost ME TV 01 Sep 2022 in Portland 302 was old channel, now "Charge"

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

They've changed it to channel 1156 now (listed as KJYYLD3). I'm getting a "This requires a subscription" message, but it's there in my guide now. Hopefully they work out the technical issues and MeTV will be back.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here