kjakubowsk's profile

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

Monday, June 17th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

You're replacing all of the Cinemax channels from packages with this on-demand Hitz garbage that has a "rotating list of more than 200 movie titles"?

And, of course, you're not lowering the price of our packages either.  How do you really see Hitz as an equal replacement of Cinemax?  We're losing six channels, all of Cinemax's original programming, and they currently have almost 300 movies on-demand.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

722 Messages

5 years ago

If I heard correctly, the problem with TiVo is, one side or the other made a change that makes it impossible for TiVo to access Comcast's On Demand service any more.

It seems like you have two options (well, besides switching to another service, but every service has its problems).

One - if you have two TVs, get an Xfinity box for the one where you want to watch Hitz, and put your TiVo on the other one. This is pretty much what I do. Of course, this isn't of much use if the TV where you want to watch On Demand is also the one where you want to watch recorded shows.

Two - get a cable splitter and an Xfinity box; feed one output from the splitter to the box, and the other to the TiVo, then connect both to your TV. Yes, this does require jumping through a few hoops and getting some additional cables.

Contributor

• 

385 Messages

5 years ago

I agree with you that Hitz isn't a fair trade for Cinemax. If I'd fallen for the HBO shows the same movies as Cinemax ploy, I wouldn't be considering adding back Cinemax. I'm not sure I'll bite on the $12/month add-on, but if I do I'll probably pare back in other areas. Might drop Streampix, for example, which hasn't been of much use to me.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

I also have an Apple TV, so the best method is to use the streaming app and Airplay to my TV.

It's clear that Cablecard/Tivo is outside of Comcast's mainstream and they want me their ecosystem of cable boxes, etc. Me, I just want Comcast as a dumb content provider, just like I treat their internet connection as a dumb pipe with my own cable modem and router. The way I see it is that this is another signal that my days of being outside their ecosystem are numbered. So the search for an alternative will begin so that I'm prepared the next time they make my life more difficult.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You're replacing Cinemax with Hitz is the worse decision you ever made.  Many of the Hitz movies are for kids and many are Hindu.  Are you kidding?   I want my cinemax back or I will seek to go elsewhere.   

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Hitz (charitably) that are years old, no current content, bad old movies, no new series (ala Cinemax’s Jett). Tubi TV is free with better content.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Taking Cinema from our package and replacing with Hitz is a joke . We get less but pay same price . Of course we can fork out 12. More dollars to get it , which is just wrong .

Contributor

• 

95 Messages

5 years ago

We've had HBO, Starz, Show, Cinemax, TMC as part of our lineup since our original contract in 2013 and with about 4 months left on the current one Cinemax has disappeared overnight.  Literally, I was watching stuff on it yesterday and now it wants us to subscribe and online doesn't show up in the channel lineup.  What gives?  

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I agree. Hate, hate, hate it.

Not only am I losing access to movies I like, but the Hitz movies are only available in an OnDemand format. I like being able to click over to familiar movies during commercials while I’m watching network TV. I have just lost a few stations that offered that for me.

And I’m sure you’re right - the bill won’t go down. We’re just expected to pay extra for something we were already getting.

They can keep Hitz.

Hate, hate, hate it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here. Now they want to charge $12. Looks like they substituted it with something called Hitz.  Nope I'll pass. I only watch Jett anyway.  I bet our bill won't be reduced. I'm going to check if Cinemax has a mobile app like HBO GO. It should be cheaper than watching it on Xfinity platform. Sorry couldn't be more helpful.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Good morning

I jsut signed up for Xfinity in May to start in June.  I received Cinemax as part of my subscription, but now magically they remove it from the line up, FAIL TO TELL ME, then offer to give it back to me for $12.00 per month!!  REally!

Totally upset, and if I want to cancel, I can pay the fee.  Only after 2 months.    And customer service doesnt even care that i cancel!! 

Way to be a great company Xfinity!!  NOT!

Hellene

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So, Comcast has recently removed the MGM channel completely, made Cinemax a $13 per month subscription, made it's not so great Streampix channel a $5 per month subscription and is now offering us Hitz, which upon inspection, appears to be Streampix Lite. And this is exciting? Pinch me, I must be dreaming.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

And the programming HITZ are all old recycled movies. I will be swithcing to FIOS soon!!!

*****UPDATE******

Called FIOS and they will cover early termination fee...BYe Bye COMCAST!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Xfinity Completely missed the mark whey they replaced Cinemax with hitz(Miss). They had the nerve to even say
" offering Hitz instead, we’re delivering customers a better variety of content" ,
then further down the page, they repeated it as if to brainwash us into believing this LIE!

" Why are you doing this? While Cinemax is no longer included in these packages, we believe the new lineup offers a better value. Most of the movies on Cinemax have also aired on HBO. By offering Hitz instead, we’re delivering a better variety of content. "
What about Cinemax, well they have that covered too....
" How can I watch Cinemax original content?
While Cinemax is no longer included in the adjusted packages, it is still available to purchase on its own for $12 per month."

hitz as I see it - MISS!
What is it? Very old outdated and extremly low quality movies.... THEN want to charge for Cinemax, which by the way is part of my existing contract..... In short - Lousy movies same rate, not a reduction of $12.00 for the Miss (hitz) channels .
Solution:
Contacting Department of Consumer protection!
Why? Breach of contract! I still have a year plus on my contract and COMCAST did NOT get rid of CINEMAX due to failed negotiations with the parent company HBO,. like that of ID network (no longer offered as part of a dispute). In fact comcast wants to charge me for channels listed as part of my contract!
I can't I increase my package as I have the highest offered!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Completely agree with other dissatisfied posts. Comcast is treating customers poorly and arbitrarily making changes with an attitude of “take it or leave it, we don’t care because customers are stuck with using our servces”.  HITS is in no way equivalent to multiple Cinemax channels and Cinemax content. Comcast Customer Care offered me a paltry $12 one month credit to restore the channels for one month, then $12/ mo charge to my account thereafter if I keep the channels. Totally unacceptable compensation. Acceptable would have been $12/ mo reduction in bill, or restoration of Cinemax until contract ends, or add another service like EPIX or Sports and Entertainment package as substitute for Cinemax until contact term ends. Very unhappy and dissatisfied, but they know I am stuck using them so they do what they want. Improved customer service is just lip service and marketing on their part.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

They replaced it with hitz(Miss).. Very old outdated and extremely low quality movies.... THEN want to charge for Cinemax, which by the way is part of my existing contract..... Lousy movies, same rate not a reduction of $12.00 for the Miss (hitz). Contacting Department of Consumer protection!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here