U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 19th, 2022 9:07 PM

Closed

HBOMax streaming stopped working - "Your HBOMax subscription through Xfinity has expired."

HBOMax streaming no longer works.

I have subscribed to HBOMax through my Xfinity account for about a year. I have a Tivo with a Xfinity cable card, and can see HBO on cable no problem, my bill is current and paid, I haven't canceled HBO. Last year I also used the HBOMax app on my AppleTV box to stream HBO shows, no problem, and even did it this fall, up until a month ago. Now I can no longer stream using the HBOMax app on my AppleTV, although I can see HBO on cable (my latest bill still shows a current HBO).

I signed out on my AppleTV, and and when I try and sign in to the HBOMax app on my Tivo, it asks "are you a subscriber through another provider?"

When I answer yes, I select "Xfinity" as my provider, then it asks me to sign in to my Xfinity account, which I do. Then it takes me to a page on the Xfinity web site that tells me about HBO, asks me if I want to subscribe, etc. No place to acknowledge I am already subscribed through Xfinity, even though I can look at my account and see that I am. No way to return to the HBOMax app, and no way to see HBO content.

Same thing when I try to sign in to HBOMax on the web my computer - signing in through provider takes me to a Xfinity web page that trys to sell me HBOMax - even though I am logged in and can see I already subscribed to it.

At one point in frustration I created a HBOMax account, so there I also can sign in. If I choose to sign in to HBOMax directly (ignoring the "sign in with a provider" option), on my AppleTV or on my computer, I can sign in but it says my HBOMax subscription through Xfinity has expired.

How can I get this to work again? My guess is Xfinity needs to send my subscription info to HBO, although why they lost it is beyond me.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to enjoy HBO MAX. You are in the right place and I am happy to take a look at your account. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the direct message. I am happy to see what is going on with your HBO Max Subscription. May I have you provide me with your first/last name and service address? -Roberto

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Sent in a direct message...

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

Awesome! I knew that'd do the trick! I'm glad you're able to log in now. Thanks again for reaching out. Happy holidays!

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJay​ Thanks again!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I am happy to see that your HBO Max issues have been resolved. Is there anything else we can assist you with today?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @user_c4ebfe. We will get to the bottom of this! Are you able to watch HBO Max on any devices such as a cable box, a cell phone, or a PC? Do you see the same your HBO subscription through Xfinity has expired message? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m having the same issue 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue. I am not able to use HBO max through Apple TV or my ipad which I have been able to for years.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

Hey there, @Teamking14

I know this thread is a bit older, but in regard to your specific issue, it could be the upcoming application switch to Max from HBO max, you would still be able to log into to watch it, however. Have you tried on any other devices? Like a smart phone? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Never had issues before, now doesnt work on PC browser but works on iphone

Awful experience

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

Thanks for letting us know. Which browser is giving you the issue. Have you cleared cache and cookies and tried to log back in? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here