S

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 21st, 2022 9:41 PM

Closed

HBO Max not autheniticating from Xfinity

When I sign in to HBO Max, it won't actually show any content. When logging in through the "provider link" Xfinity just takes me to a sales screen offering to sell me the service. However, when I go to "manage account" on Xfinity, it clearly shows that HBO Max is included in my package (see below). I have logged in to HBO through the HBO Max app on my phone, through a browser an also through my Roku on my home TV with the same results.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for making us aware of your HBO MAX issues, @sylvano. Performing a System Refresh by pressing the A button on your X1 remote can help resolve this. If that doesn't work, we have a few refresh signals we can send from here that will. Let us know how it goes. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityJay​ I can log in and log out of HBO Max just about everywhere, but at no point does Xfinity tell HBO that I have paid. Anywhere I can find the "account" HBO says that my subscription has expired. The "A" button on the Xfinity remote does not seem to do anything at all. My preferred method of streaming HBO Max (for the last 6 years) is through my Roku. So any resetting from your end would be welcome.

Problem Solver

• 

385 Messages

You got it @sylvano, thank you for these details and trying our suggestions. We would be happy to send some signals over to help. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? From there we can get you taken care of. :)

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
  • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
  • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

Thanks again for troubleshooting with us. I'm happy that we were able to make this right for you. We appreciate your participation in our Forums. Happy New Year! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here