rickcitgo's profile

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022 7:56 PM

Closed

Guide showing new on reruns

USA network is showing reruns of Chicago fire as new. It is recording multiple shows because I have a series recording set. What can be done about this. So far all I can do is go through the scheduled recordings and delete them so they don't use up all my recording space. 

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

@XfinityGina​ that's fine of its only one or two recordings. They show a whole season in a row for 2 or 3 days straight. They start recording and go all day. Before you know it there are 15-20 recordings to delete. Why can't we set a series recording to record on just one particular channel. Instead of just the SD or HD option? That would solve this issue

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@rickcitgo You can set it to record on only one channel. When selecting record, or go to show then modify, there is an option that says 'channels' you will need to select the channel you want.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

2 years ago

There are a lot of shows like Expedition Unknown, Ghost Adventures, now Osbournes Want To Believe and others that take 2 old shows and package them together for two hours that are listed as 'new', even though they are reruns. Misleading, and I'm constantly deleting them from my DVR. I have these shows set to record as new only, so not sure what else I can do

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

Discovery Networks is infamous for often 're-packing' some shows into 'new' shows.

If you can find an upcoming recording on the correct channel, you can go into record options and set it to only record on that channel. The default if you set a series recording from some form of manual or voice search is "HD Preferred", which can cause recordings of syndicated repeats and similar on other networks. The DVR will also record a show if it has no new/repeat flag, as it will assume it is new.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here