U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 6th, 2023 5:35 PM

Closed

Guide freezes almost always, channels take way too long to load

Does anybody else have this issue?   Almost every time i bring up the guide to scroll through the channels, it scrolls for a bit(slowly, i should add) and then it freezes for at least 5 minutes.  I've tried rebooting the tv box, which then takes another 5 minutes, but the problem doesn't go away.   This is all day long, every day.  And at other times, when I do get the opportunity to change the channel, the screen goes black and takes up to a minute to change to the channel i selected(often times it never does, and just says there are problems connecting to that channel).

This service is becoming completely unusable.   I should be able to relax and flip through the channels, but it's a real pain to do so.  

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, I am sorry to hear your are having trouble with your Xfinity TV guide, this certainly sounds frustrating. I would like to ask a few questions to make sure we have all of the details of the issue you're experiencing. Do you have more than one box in the home, and if so are they experiencing the same issue? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJessW​ Yes, I have 2 boxes, and both have the same issue. It's pretty frustrating to want to switch channels and then be unable to.  I'm not exaggerating as to how often it happens either.  8 out of 10 times per day there's either substantial lag with the guide or it just doesn't respond at all.  

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

? Thanks for letting me know. By chance does this happen on wireless TV boxes or a coax connection directly to the wall? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityLamont​ Both boxes have a coax connection from the walls.

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Thank you for letting us know. 

I want to dive into this further and see what we can figure out. Please send me a Direct Message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here