mbient's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 8th, 2024 6:28 PM

Closed

grit

what channel is now carrying Grit in san francisco?

Contributor

• 

174 Messages

6 months ago

If you have an  X1 or streaming box use your voice remote and say GRIT  . It can be  streamed  on  XUMO . There is known as Grit + .

It is the same broadcast feed that we would get in San Francisco on channel 13.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Grit doesn't seem to be listed  on Xfinity SF Bay Area anymore.  Grit+ is not the same as Grit Tv.  By what I can tell , not the same programing. Don't see any movies on Grit+. Wish they would return it to the lineup.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

@mbient, thank you for reaching out today. I would be happy to check on the channel you are referencing to see if any news regarding a change is available on my end. Out of curiosity, what channel number was this in your lineup previously?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I was mad when they took INSP away but this is the final straw. I have hundreds of channals I don’t watch and foreign language channals + $40 in fees. I checking alternatives.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 months ago

Hey there, @mbient! You can find your local channel lineup and TV Guide by Comcast online here. I am not seeing GRIT listed when using a 94112 San Francisco zip code. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

You can watch grit on YouTube 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 months ago

what channel is now carrying Grit in san francisco?

https://www.grittv.com/find-us/ says:

San Francisco-Oak-San Jose, CA:   KOFY 20.2 (effective 4/2/24): Comcast 130, 713, 1020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOFY-TV says:

On April 15, 2022, KOFY-TV ... began to pass-through Grit for its entire broadcast week on its main channel. On March 31, 2024, KOFY-TV's main channel switched to Merit Street Media and Grit moved to its second subchannel.

Where that leaves Grit, I cannot say. One would hope that Comcast knows what channels it is carrying, but the employee response above seems to suggest that they are puzzled by the question.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

GRIT TV Xfinity/Comcast Channel 713, or use to be KOFY Channel 20 is unavailable to be aired on Xfinity any longer (probably since February 2024). Xfinity has not updated it's channel line-up listings, still includes KOFY Channel 20 for the SF bay area. GRIT TV has been replaced by Merit. Also referrred to as Merit Street. There are articles about Dr. Phil shows running 24/7 mixed with a few others. 

Our historic western movies from the "Golden-Age of Hollywood (1930-1970s) are no longer available on Xfinity.

I called several times, and promised by Xfinity agents my request for information will be elevated to next level of staff. But, as usual, Xfinity never sent email or communicated with me. So we are left watching Dr. Phil tell messed up humans how to fix their lives, turn the channel to Movies TV (which is now having trouble staying on Channel 195, and again Xfinity not knowing why the channel goes off over the weekend. So, let's unplug Xfinity, they offer re-runs of episode from their channel line-up, or force us to pay for streaming service....

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here