burney240's profile

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

Wed, Sep 1, 2021 4:09 PM

grit tv

Just lost Grit TV in the Washington DC area. They replaced it with sitcoms from 30-40 years ago. Already have 6,7 channels offering that. Grit has a limited catalog of westerns from 60-70 years ago. They want us to pay extra for 60-year-old movies? Comcast keeps asking for more money while taking away offerings.  Interesting that FCC does nothing. Interesting that Comcast exec recently named ambassador to Canada. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I found yesterday that xfinity dropped Grit tv with no explanation.  I hooked up an HD antenna and luckily Grit Tv is coming in crystal clear.  I am contemplating going to other options to replace xfinity.  

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I found out few days ago and very [Edited: "Language"] that they took it off.  Excellent channel to watch the old westerns.  If they are smart they better bring it back on.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

270 Messages

Hello @user_8f3f07, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? Our team would love to take a deeper look at what happened to Grit.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Have no chat icon. Tried the support options and got some AI that wanted shorter sentences.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Same here in New Haven. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

338 Messages

2 m ago

Thank you for reaching out to our forums. I am just the person to help you in resolving any questions or concerns about your channel line up. The link: https://comca.st/2WNIoi6 can be helpful in locating your channel lineup for your address. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon! 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityDena I must not be computer savy. Tried your directions and simply cannot get there from here.  Have no "direct message' icon.  Bottom line, Xfinity gives plenty of notifications for upcoming football games or pay-per-view wrestling matches or self-serving recruitment advertisements, but not a bit of notification that lineups are changing or channels are disappearing or reassigned to other broadcast channels.  Bill keeps creeping up and pricing me out of affordability. Promos for new clients but nothing for customers that have been with Comcast/Xfinity for decades.  Except for the needing internet, an antenna is looking pretty good.

jav6joev

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_25fda9 Have you checked your profile settings to see if Direct Messaging is turned ON?

XfinityBrie

Official Employee

• 

396 Messages

I recognize the disappointment whenever a channel change is made. We do print whenever there are channel line-up changes on the bill sent monthly. We had trialed a notification system--including emails, or set-top box pop-ups--of similar messaging, but after negative customer feedback, we pulled that system. We have more information about our programming changes here: About Xfinity Programming

Additionally, we have curated a website here of upcoming contract renewals, that coincide with bill messaging: Contract Renewals

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

We lost Grit TV on Sept 1.  Sooooo disappointed.  We watched that channel a lot.  I called customer support and the tech had no answer as to why it disappeared.  There was no notification on my bills (I double-checked).  My contract is coming up for renewal in December and I will now have to consider other viewing options.

Please bring it back!

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

Hello, @user_645592! Thank you for contacting us here on our forums! We are happy to see where you are located and look into Grit TV. In order to do so, we'll need for you to provide your name and the complete service address via Direct Message. We look forward to your reply.

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I am extremely disappointed and am considering other options.

New to the Community?

Start Here