aegmtn's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

GRIT TV ...... Circle TV

Today on January 1st 2020 the Grit TV on channel 905 on Xfinity Streaming tv wad replaced with Circle TV. Channel 5 in Memphis moved Grit to another channel. Is Xfinity going to put Grit back onto Xfinity Streaming TV.
Thanks

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

That’s up to your local affiliate

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Probably not, they only have rights to what they broadcast, not the sub-channels.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

moved your thread to channels and programming area of the forum. 

sub channels (digital ATSC) channels are transmitted.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

GRIT has also be removed in Florence, AL.  I am not pleased with this change. I would be happy to give you a list of the other 75 channels that are never watched in this home.  I will be happy to replace those with GRIT.  I am not pleased with this COMCAST decision.

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

5 years ago

Try contacting Comcast and/or WMC directly. Maybe one or both don't realize that Grit isn't being made available like it was.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

This isn’t a Comcast decision, they can only broadcast what is given to be broadcasted. This is a corporate decision, by the station owners
https://gray.tv/about#contactus
Or contact the affiliates in your area

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Will grit TV come back to Xfinity lineup

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

And now we have Comet programming on that broadcast station where Grit was - AND WE ALREADY HAVE COMET - SO NOW WE GET IT TWICE!!!

All y’all only get it half right.  1. Grit is the programming package and the channel station was playing it (from whatever media company that offers it - sometimes it’s the same, not usually).  2. The agreement with Concrap and the station is likely not based in a vacuum nor ignoring the programming on said station(s).  3. The agreement might contain contingencies about programming changes.  Comcast should have continued to broadcast Grit programming and they should have informed customers better - and if they would stop changing my account, it’s details, and locking my email every time they think they know better than me in security we all might get along.

I think it is overdue to dump them, as they continue to show to the consumer that they really don’t have much to offer over other means of content delivery.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

2-year-old thread closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here