U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 13th, 2022 8:33 PM

Closed

Golf Channel Audio Cuts Out

The sound for the Golf Channel continues to cut out. Only with the Golf Channel. No other channel. This problem has persisted for several months. Couple of support inquiries indicate this is a known issue. Clearly knowing and fixing are two different things. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Noticed the same thing at least a week ago or more.  Xfinity, please troubleshoot and fix this!

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

It doesn't happen on the SD channel.  I'm in Atlanta.  If you think your support people were competent, great.  If not, maybe you could update them with information on SD and locations in the country where it's a problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It's driving me crazy..no pun intended 

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

2 years ago

Hey @user_ed2f68 I apologize for the audio troubles on the golf channel. I am here and would love to help. Can you tell me the troubleshooting steps you've completed.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@XfinityLamont

Thank you XfinityLamont for replying.  Since @user_ed2f68 said Comcast knows of this problem, I’m confused as to why you are asking a customer what they have done to troubleshoot.  Please tell us the status of this perhaps nationwide problem at customer support.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I agree, this is not a customer issue.   As I am watching “Live At The Open“ the audio is cutting out at least three times within a fifteen minute period. However audio is good during commercials. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

So annoying. FIX IT!

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

Hi @user_f83334. Please try the channel once more to see if the issues have been corrected. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

The problem is isolated to one channel only. So my “troubleshooting” has concluded that the problem is with that channel. I’ve heard that it’s restricted to HD but I cannot confirm as my settings auto-select HD vs SD when both are available. I’m not going to change that. It’s up to Comcast to figure that out. I’m the customer not a support technician. 

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Got it @user_ed2f68 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yes same problem with the golf channel only. This has been a problem it seems during live golf coverage for the last couple of weeks. Does not seem to happen in studio setting broadcast.  Very irritating especially with what we pay for monthly service.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Same here.  It has been doing this for months in the Katy, Texas market.  I have had 10-12 telephone calls with tech support, have had 2 technicians come out and test their lines all

the way to the box, have changed the box out 3 times it’s one of the changes being a brand new box.  Xfinity, your technicians are wasting countless hours and money switching boxes with a problem that appears to be a KNOWN problem.  Please fix this on YOUR end.  I have been a customer for 21 years but this is pushing my patience and with AT&T laying new cable all throughout our neighborhoods, I might have to switch….

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Still going on. Ridiculous. Hard to watch The Open. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same problem in Illinois. It's has happened several times over the last few months. [Edited: "Language"] Fix it

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Thank you for letting us know that you are also affected by this, @Pabausa. We're sorry for the experience you're having. Our engineers are actively looking into this, and we hope to have this resolved soon. We appreciate your patience. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Perhaps you could update us all on what, if anything, Comcast is doing. I have been putting up with the same issue (sound disappears for approximately 5 to 8 seconds) every time I watch a broadcast on Golf Channel, and only recently discovered via Google that (1) it's been going on for a long time; and (2) it seems to be nationwide.

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

@user_fc6375. Thank you for reaching out. We understand the inconvenience an issue like this can cause. With that said, this is not the experience that we would like for any of our customers, and we understand the need/want for a definitive answer in regard to what this issue is or could be. With that said, it would be my pleasure to review your account in order to see if I can find any specifics that may be linked to this issue. If you would like for me to do this, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address so that I can assist you further.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Still happening during Saturday Open Championship broadcast. Hard to watch. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Also happening for the past few weeks for me. Golf Channel HD, and never on commercials. Extremely dissatisfied with the lack of attention as I am sure Xfinity is well aware of this widespread issue. And how exactly does one troubleshoot a single channel sound problem only happening during broadcast and not commercials?

Edit: it seems to be happening on other providers and platforms. If this is a Golf Channel issue it should still be the responsibility of the provider (i.e. Xfinity) to help resolve the situation for their customers.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @odenno and thread. I sincerely apologize for the audio dropping during the golf games. We don't ever want that happening and I know it makes it difficult if not impossible to watch something. I am seeing this issue is being worked on by our Engineering team. It does not show if the problem is on the Golf channel end, but we do work with Networks to resolve a problem when we need to. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@odenno​ ive been fighting this for six months at least.the very first agent i talked to admitted to the problem and said it was an "issue" between golf channel and comcast.nobody since then has ever mentioned it.obviously about money it always is.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

Good afternoon i just wanted to check back and see if you are still experiecing any issues with the volume on the Golf Channel?             

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Problem watching Live from the Open continues!   Sound cuts out!  Too hard for Comcast, NBC network,  Golf Channel (all the same company) to resolve - disappointing!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem………this should be fixable.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, what is the fix for this?…It’s happening on Barracuda Championship now as well…been going on for weeks.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_16f598​ seems like going to standard def fixes the problem

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We are having the same issue with audio cutting out on Bally, Fox News, and NBC. All on HD. Watching Stream on Apple TV 4K. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for letting us know @sklambert00. We understand how difficult makes it to watch your sports. Rest assured our engineering team is working on getting the issue resolved as we speak.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here