U

Tuesday, October 10th, 2023 5:15 PM

Closed

FoxNews stopped working late last night - still not working

Why is Fox news not working? There is no cable or modem issues. If I pull up xfinity stream I can watch it online but it is blocked from tv. No other news channels have issues.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

11 months ago

@user_l5z3av Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfintiy Forums. It's definitely odd that you can access it on the Stream app but not on your TV. Can you tell me if you receive any error messages or codes on the cable box when you try to tune into that channel?

1 Message

Can’t get Fox News on tv but can get on my ipad

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_geuj8y, and thank you for reaching out with your Fox news concern. If you are still having issues accessing it on the TV, I would be happy to assist! 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

FoxNews App Stopped working on my Smart TV this week.  What changed?  Everything is locked out and it says Service Provider Issue, Provider does not currently grant access to this service.  My plan has not changed.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_gh1fmi Are you using a Flex streaming TV box on your smart TV? Have the parental controls been set to lock out Fox News App? To set parental controls, you can lock TV-MA content on your Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box under Settings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks. Once locked, a Parental Control PIN will be required before you can access the apps.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_gh1fmi​   I'm having the exact same problem.  Waisted 55 minutes trying to talk with someone at xfinity last night.  Waisted time to convince the xfinity assistant app to connect me with a live person, the person they connected me to didn't speak English.  So frustrated. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here