ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

11 years ago

Well since they already pass the price increases on to the customers, a 'sports package' should include sports channels not just Espn 1-4! Gimme break

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

11 years ago

For all those wondering about FS2, you need to ask yourself: How much extra will it cost? From what I've read, Fox is charging double for FS1 than what they charged for Speed, and that will nearly double again over the next year or so. I doubt if FS2/Fuel is going to be given away for free.

I'd bet that most everybody complaining about not having a channel will be the first in line complaining about the price increase needed to pay for it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I love Sports, there are like 1,000 channels of which I watch maybe 20. Put some more sports on please!!! I was ready to leave xfinity because they didn't have fuel which was showing a ton of UFC

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

I have/had requested Fuel TV many times in the past, and now with the switch over to Fox Sports 2 Comcast needs to provide this channel more than ever.  as stated by posters previously for the fees and charges that are billed every month by Comcast there is no reason for Fox Sports 2 to not be available.  I am a huge motorcycle racing fan and Fox Sports 1 does a huge slap in the face to us all by airing all three MotoGP races live from Indianapolis on the opening weekend of the network to try and keep viewers, then goes and decides to air Moto3 races on Fox Sports 2 for the rest of the season and hardly cover MotoGP or Moto2 on FS1 whatsoever.

This is complete BS and a huge disservice to customers, especially those where Comcast has a monopoly on cable television (Tallahassee, FL) but if need be I will switch over to Dish or DirectTV.

It makes no sense that I cant receive FS2, but LOGO, Oprah and Style channel are readily available.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

I've already posted several times on this thread.  Here's the deal:  Comcast does not use these forums for feedback, they merely moniter them to keep trolls out and such.  If you want FOX SPORTS 2, you need to contact COMCAST.  Any post here or elsewhere in these forums is just preaching to the choir.  COMCAST will not do anything until enough people contact them.  I've already done so, till I'm blue in the face.  Now it's your turn.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Tweet it! Comcast monitors tweets

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Add me to the list of those waiting

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I'm just figuring all this out.  Big race in Atlanta this weekend (NASCAR) and Friday coverage on FS! DOES include practice and qualifying.  BUT...Check it out on NASCAR.com... Saturday, EVERYTHING Nationwide and Cup is on FS2 during the day.  NO truck series practice or qualifying is being shown at all, (maybe because its in Canada?).  Come on, no truck qualifying.  The trucks is a great series.  It should only make sense that when Fox started the process of buying into SPEED and FUEL, that Comcast needed to negotiate for FS2.    It's not just NASCAR, all the racing is about gone.  As a racing family, it was hurtful to see SPEED go away.  And all the great shows like Wind Tunnel.  We need FS2 in the lineup.  It's time to negotiate for it to become part of the Comcast lineup or we have to find someone who will provide all of it. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, I know....Basically NO coverage of our beloved NASCAR Series is available any longer for Comcast customers. You would think that NASCAR would definitely care as we keep hearing about lack of interest. Also, the SPONSORS are losing out from advertising on cars and well.....should I say it.....all their commercials! Maybe we need to use this tactic and call, email these guys. Comcast is not interested. I have an Email from the Sr VP office of Comcast in response; just could care less. Told me to go back and contact local Comcast office!!!! Also, the drivers should care and help in this...in getting us FS2. They are losing as fans are so frustrated it won't be long before we just say "never mind" as the stress is just not worth it.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I have called them and done 2 internet chats with them.  I have always watched NASCAR practices/Qualifying because I do multiple Fantasy Racing (please don't laugh) money games.  It is critical to get all the information you can prior to setting your lineups.  So disappointed in Comcast and the Fox Sports Network not having Fox Sports2 and Fox putting racing on FS2 where a lot of the country does not have it.  As soon as I close on my house, I am ditching Comcast and it is solely over this issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I live near Boston, and I've been a loyal Comcast customer for over five years, paying over 200 bucks a month, and I have the sports package. Ill leave if I don't get Fox sports 2 I love xfinity so much but its a shame we get unimportant channels instead of fox sports 2. I honestly hope Comcast is working on this.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I don't want to be misguided.  I think my next move is voicing my opinion to Fox because they have chosen to chop up the NASCAR coverage and lose most of the other racing like F1.  Don't want to blame Comcast for that.  I'm sure Comcast was not totally aware of how the SPEED and FUEL channels programming would be used after the takeover.  But I would think Comcast would be proactive now at least after the fact that we've seen what is being done to the racing coverage, that they will consider FS2 in the programming lineup.  Definately have to tell Fox they are doing a horrible disservice to NASCAR and the sponsors.  And the truck series is really going to be hurt.  NASCAR Raceday was only an hour last couple of weeks.  I too watch whatever practices and qualifying I can for a fantasy league, but I am mainly a lifetime fan.  I am old.  I was at Daytona when it was still on the beach.  So I mean a long lifetime.  My dad raced real old time cars, too, in the 50's.  I am an hour from the Atlanta Speedway.  If I can get down there, I need to make a sign saying 'Fox Sports - We need more racing on TV, not less!'

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

Hi MissySilver, just an FYI that I have Emailed the programming managers and Communication Director AND called leaving Messages at FOX Sports without a reply from anyone. I hope you have better luck. Really! I miss All the NASCAR programming AND Formula 1 as well as Live IndyCar and ALMS, etc. why Comcast s not responding to me and all of us is unclear. Either tell us they are working on getting FS2 in the line up or...not. I cannot get AT&T Uverse in my state, so looking at Direct TV or Dish..one of them has it. Had Comcast since 1977.... But I will switch over this. You have Racing in your blood from your dad....so do I!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

After my own heart, RacingGirl!  I was looking at Dish and to get both FS1 and FS2 you need their highest premium package, but it is doable.  Hubby doesn't like satelite.  We had DirectTV once.  It was the rain interference that made reception problems.  Racing is the main thing we watch.  Some of the other posters on the forum have pointed out where the other series can be found.  ILLINIWIZARD wrote a good post.  Check them out.  

My mission, 1.) lobby for FS2 on Comcast and 2.) tell Fox Sports they are alienating a large segment of the racing audience.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Atleast the UFC announced on wednesday night that all future prelims would be on FS1 because they heard from the thousands of fans that have comcast and can't get FS2.

Comcast has been completely non-responsive to all the requests for Fuel TV/FS2

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here