Frustr8ted's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 24th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

Fox News channel not working correctly

Pixelated and sound cutting in/out. Replaced the cable box but this is the only channel it happens with. Suspicious that this is not really a technical issue but a deliberate action. Similar posts seems to have been archived. Anyone explain how to fix or how to escalate. Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Pixelation and sound problems happen when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise, most likely due to a poor connection between the cable box and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. You might also try unplugging the cable box/DVR/digital adapter power cord for a minute or so.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Bruce, it's ONLY Fox News and Fox Sports 1. Your explanation is ridiculous.

Bruce, again, this ONLY happens to Fox channels. I'm not sure how we can make this more clear to you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@RTW13 It is usually during prime time.  I’ve noticed. It during The 5.  It went away for a long time.  The attack in Afghanistan messed up the feed again.  FYI, CNN’s signal is strong!  Thank God for that!!?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@BruceW is correct. What troubleshooting have you actually done?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Bruce's suggestions would be valid if we didn't want to be caught watching Fox channels so we unplug the box and sneak off to the far corners of our homes and plug it back in to a long cable with a poor connector. Of course, then it would happen to all the channels.

Is the Fox signal somehow different than every other cable channel because this ONLY happens, every few minutes, on channels 13, 33 and 48, which are all Fox channels.

This is happening on our DC50X cable boxes.

Most often, the video goes black and the status code 225 error message comes up for about seven seconds:

"The video signal has been interrupted
Status Code 225"

Sometimes the video freezes and the audio repeats one syllable, "gee gee gee gee gee".

I don't remember either problem occuring during a commercial but I could be wrong on that.

Unplugging the box has no effect.

Again, is the Fox signal somehow different than every other cable channel? Why/how would any problem only specifically happen to one network?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Actually channels come in on all different frequencies, some are grouped together. It CAN and does happen. The signal has to be really weak to have troubles with the type of box that you have. It maybe happening to channels that you don’t watch or get. Have a tech out if you aren’t able to troubleshoot on your own

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Funny I can get the Blaze and OAN ... ABC live .... just not FOX 🤣

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Maybe Big Tech is screwing with them 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Those channels would be on a different frequency. Cable signals don't care about content.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I had a similar issue, ABC and FOX were scrambled on the main and individual units.  I replaced the splitter that divided two segments of how my cable is set up and now the channels are fine.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 years ago

Closing this 10 month old thread to further comments.  If you're having problems with the FOX channel, please start a new thread.  Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here