dsaul9's profile

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Monday, January 1st, 2024 1:22 PM

Closed

fetv and metv

Are FETV and METV going to be eliminated from Xfinity.   FETV and METV are what my family mostly watch.   If they are removed from Xfinity. They are on Verizon.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

10 months ago

MeTV is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. As long as that station remains affiliated with MeTV, and Comcast has an agreement with that station, it should remain. It's also available on many streaming services, including the very low cost Frndly TV.

FETV is a cable network, and there is a growing disagreement about carriage costs.

To be honest, there is an EXTREME GLUT of "classic" TV networks. Not just broadcast, but I think getting close to a literal million or more FAST (Free Ad Support Television) streaming channels.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Comcast  sticking it to us seniors again

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 months ago

FETV has been disconnected but METV is still on the air.

Official Employee

• 

300 Messages

We pay programmers in order to bring you the entertainment you love, and we have made a number of reasonable offers that FETV has not accepted. As a result, we can no longer offer FETV programming at this time. We are working with FETV’s distributor to reach an agreement that gives customers the content they want at a reasonable price.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Keep trying to accomplish the good pricing with them.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

10 months ago

I have been with Comcast for 30 years .... but other than sports, i mostly watch FETV.   I will switch to Verizon if they maintain FETV.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey @dsaul9. Thanks for reaching out about MeTV and FETV. I know MeTV will be going away as the station that carries the content decided to no longer carry the content. There isn't anything we can do though as that was not a decision made by us, but the station itself that carries it. I'm not finding any information about a change to FeTV though. Did you get a notice that there would be a change for that one as well?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

How as an employee you can’t see FETV is cut off? We are in the Chicago market. You just done this with INSP in September as well. And you have raised your make believe fees January 2024. You are losing and going to lose more and more subscribers. I guess you think it’s worth it.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

9 months ago

Pluto TV has lots of classic shows and the best part is it's free.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here