U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 7th, 2023 11:56 PM

Closed

Favorites selected are not going in the Favorites list

I tell the Guide to choose Ch 1002 as a Favorite. It says 1002 is now a Favorite. But when I go into my Favorites the DVR has chosen 102 for me instead, and it will tune to 102 if I select it. There is no 1002 in the Favorites Guide as there should be. I’ve deleted the channel selected by the DVR, 102 as well as 1002, and tried to choose from a different list like “HD Channels” instead of “Free To Me” but get the same result.  

I wasted a couple of hours messing with this nonsense trying to get something to work all to no avail, and I am not happy. I pay to receive Ch 1002. I can watch 1002. But I can’t have it in my Favorites? This has happened with MULTIPLE channels. Who is vetting this? Why am I paying Comcast to be a beta tester? I don’t pay you to spend my free time reporting bugs! You should have several hundred users testing any new updates before they are released. Instead, I am wasting my valuable free time reporting glaring problems with your X1 DVR. 

This problem is the same for 1004, 1006, and 1022, just to name a few. I get 104, 106, and 111 in the Favorites Guide listings. It will show in the Free To Me Guide that channels 1158 and 1159 have stars and are selected as Favorites. However, in the Favorites list I get 114 and 309 instead. This is the same for 1004, 1006, and 1022 which are starred as Favorites in the Free To Me Guide, and the HD Channels guide selection. They just don’t appear in the Favorites Guide listings. As I said I get 104, 106, and 111 respectively. 

There are far more channels that I do not want to watch than channels that carry programming I am interested in so why can’t I select the channels I pay to view and put them in the Favorites category? This issue should have been discovered long ago and fixed!

You know, Dish was horrible, but the one thing they got right was their Guide. You have two channel selections side by side. One is the channels you can receive and the other are the channels you want in your Guide. For each Dish device you can have four different Guides. So there could be one Guide for kids programming, another for educational programming, another for movies, and a fourth for sports programming. All for one TV. You just go down the list and select the channels to move them into the list for the guide. It’s only one click to add a channel to the list of channels you want to view. That way my guide isn’t filled with a bunch of shopping channels and other garbage. And you can name each guide.

Yours, Comcast’s, requires three clicks on a remote with buttons that require so much pressure to push the tendon on both my thumbs is sore. Anyone with arthritis, or physical impairments with their hands is going to have a lot of problems using this remote. I guess you missed this problem.

Who thought this remote was a good idea? I have an old Dish remote and its buttons are much easier to press than Comcast’s, and Dish’s remote really  [Edited: "Language"]. 

I also have a TiVo, and that is the VERY BEST remote I have ever used. Hey Comcast, it’s not a crime to copy someone. Bill Gates proved that when Microsoft copied Apple and created Windows, and then copied Mac OS X for the updated Windows 8 or something. 

I highly doubt that you will change though because there is some idiot executive at the top that thinks this remote is a great idea. It’s cheap. That’s all that really matters. Cheap. I remember the old Comcast remote from being at other people’s homes and it was pretty good. What happened? Cheap. 

If you want to know why people are switching to streaming here is a really good reason. Be better. Give your customers quality. It’s clear the DVR I was given was used. It wasn’t even a new DVR. That just shows how little you care about your customers. This is why we’re jumping ship in droves. We get used equipment and cheap remotes. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello there @user_f4ffcawa Thank you so much for your post on your issues with adding channels to your favorites lists and your remote. I definitely understand both issues you are running into I only watch like 10 channels all the time and the rest for my family enjoys the rest! The Favorites option definitely cuts down on the toggling and scrolling that is for sure and I would be happy to help look into that with you!
As for the remote, we do have a few alternate designs for customers with different needs. The one I think you might benefit from would be shown here.  [Xfinity accessibility remote](https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xra) You can reach out to the support center directly for help with getting one sent out to you on that page as well!

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

(upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message  [Edited: Link corrected]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here