P

Thursday, August 31st, 2023 12:36 PM

Closed

Fall 2023 4K Sports Schedule

Is there a schedule available that shows which upcoming sporting events will be broadcast in 4K?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

@PennyTheDog

You can speak into the awesome xfinity voice remote an say "4k" to get a list of 4k programming 

1 Message

So, whats the answer?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_l2lpu8 - Have you tried what was mentioned before about using your Xfinity Voice Remote to search for "Sports in 4K" or simply "4K" content?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

1 year ago

That’s just a superlative for saying they’ve got nothing or next to it. 

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

@user_e3c854​ Xfinity is a lot of talk, but no action. Comcast who owns Xfinity, also owns NBC Sports 4K (a Channel), Peacock (that was supposed to broadcast Premiere League soccer in 4K this year but also bailed out), and Sky Sports (whose UK subsidiary produces 90% of EPL games and other sports in Native 4K). With all these companies that Comcast owns, why can’t we get a decent amount of live NATIVE 4K games on Xfinity instead of the current near ZERO content? It’s not like 95% of the TVs sold in the USA aren’t 4K capable. THEY ARE! Would like more than a BS explanation of this. It smacks of corporate incompetence and bean counters trying to save a few pennies. 

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Oh and for the “bandwidth” explanation. You can ELIMINATE THE SD CHANNELS. Virtually no one uses them and the people with 20 year old TVs can either get an adapter or buy a new one. They’re probably cheaper than an adapter at this point (just as cheap as a month of Xfinity service so no valid reason there to keep these channels and use the bandwidth for dedicated 4K. Please upgrade us to the 21st Century Xfinity!)

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

And two weeks later……………..crickets. 

1 Message

I would also like an answer, I haven't seen a live 4k event offered in months, yet I received a lovely notification of a price increase and my personal information being stolen.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here