tngrl's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 2:45 PM

ESPN not working on TV or streaming

As the title says, ESPN and ESPN2 are not working on SD, HD or Xfinity stream for me. The only error message I get is on stream saying this video cannot play. On the TV all I get is a black screen. 

2 Messages

6 months ago

Same here they need to get it fixed by 5pm 😡

2 Messages

I’ve been experiencing this for months. They’ve given me small credits here and there but that’s after I demand it. When I called in yesterday, the Xfinity agent said she could give me ESPN’s number so I can call them?? Are you Fng kidding me ? They charge a fortune and cannot provide service 

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

user_hhlex7 This isn't the experience we want our customers to have, but this is a known issue currently being worked on by our engineering team. We currently have no time of restoration to provide, but they are hard at work trying to get this resolved. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

I just did a chat with their Twitter support page. It was obvious they had no idea what was causing the outage. Kept wanting to send a refresh to my boxes. I had to keep repeating that the channels were out on the app too thus it was clearly not an issue with my equipment.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Greetings, @tngrl! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about these issues with ESPN and ESPN2. Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues, and I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

6 months ago

I called xfinity and they sent me a text and I talked with a customer service person via text and they fixed my ESPN.

2 Messages

6 months ago

Xfinity has got the wrong ESPN2 switched on it should be Tennessee vs Florida 🤬 get it together Xfinity I've been a customer for over 30 years this is ridiculous 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_x2ent6 When it comes to what is being broadcasted on Networks like ESPN, we do not have control over that as we are just the provider for you to access the networks. 

1 Message

6 months ago

Nothing is working on Xfinity.... Any updates?

1 Message

5 months ago

We haven't had ESPN working for about 2 weeks now...

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there, @user_wee0lz I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with trying to watch ESPN, I know how frustrating this experience has been for you. I do see it has been several days since you posted, are you still not able to view ESPN, if so please reach back out so we can get you taken care of.-Richard

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

ESPN HD hasn't worked properly on my TVin about all I get from Comcast is you're signal is good  fix this problem 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Should be in about a month you're customer service  sucks  I got a customer service person on the phone that barely spoke English told me if I paid my bill now they wouldn't charge me $100 dollar service calI had already scheduled my payment 2 weeks before it was due I was not giving this person my credit or debit card# the problem was not mine and he just hung up on me

1 Message

4 months ago

I also am having issues with ESPN not working for over a week. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums, @user_6r505p. I know my household enjoys watching ESPN, and we definitely want you to be able to watch the programs you enjoy. Can you please provide more details of the issues you are having with ESPN? Are you getting any error messages? What device are you attempting to watch ESPN on?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I'm having the same issue!  Doing a system refresh now and will see if the fixes the issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @Kebo007. Did the system refresh help with the issue?

1 Message

4 months ago

ESPN pixelating throughout the entire broadcast for last few weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there, user_xs2qn2, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding issues with ESPN. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting. Is this the only channel you are having issues with? Have you tried any troubleshooting already?

1 Message

2 months ago

Mine works shows get up all day today 

2 Messages

2 months ago

ESPN and ESPN 2 keep giving me an error saying "The content the is either unavailable or not supported in this browser". It was working fine until a couple days ago. All other channels are fine. How do I get this fixed?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_1hkqke I would be happy to help with the channel issue in any way I can if still present. From what you posted, I take it you are streaming it through our Xfinity Stream app correct?

2 Messages

Hi:

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I stream Xfinity to my computers and neither ESPN or ESPN2 work on Firefox or Microsoft Edge browsers. I spoke to customer service in the Philippines and the 2 ladies I spoke to said everything was fine on their end so it must be an ESPN problem. They connected me to ESPN and told me to work with them.

The ESPN rep was great. He is the one who discovered that Google was the only platform ESPN and ESPN2 would stream on. I am not a Google fan and don't use it so I had to load it on my computer. The ESPN rep referred me back to Xfinity as the problem isn't with them.

I called Xfinity customer service and this time I was connected to India. The rep there reviewed my problem and checked with his team. I was told they were aware that neither ESPN or ESPN2 would stream on Firefox or Microsoft Edge and were working to resolve it. That was 10 days or so ago and nothing has changed. Xfinity still won't stream on Firefox or MS Edge as of a few minutes ago.

If your people are aware of this problem, why hasn't it been fixed? It has been almost a month since I lost ESPN and ESPN2 service on my preferred browsers. Are your tech teams really working on this, or were they just giving me a line? While I understand I can stream ESPN and ESPN2 on Google I'd prefer not to.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there, @user_1hkqke ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having not being able to stream ESPN and ESPN 2 on your preferred browser. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

1 Message

2 months ago

ESPN not working but all other channels are fine including ESPN2.  I have been experiencing this situation since the beginning of the year.  Xfinity issues a reboot on this end then it’s on for a few weeks.   Xfinity thought I needed a new box, tech came out and replaced all my cable boxes and the same issue started again.   I have to call Xfinity customer service which is awful every few weeks for them to reboot the system on their end.   I’ve gotten terrible service on this issue.   

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_fqyhls Thanks for using our Forums and commenting to let us know that you are impacted as well. We are here to help and if you send us a DM we can jump right into this. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

1 month ago

Suddenly having same issue with ESPN…Blavk screen. Other channels come through

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there, @user_riwrp1 Thank you for reaching out regarding the trouble you are experiencing watching ESPN which I truly do apologize for. Since it's been a few days since you posted, are you still having trouble viewing ESPN? If so, please don't hesitate to reach back out.-Richard

1 Message

7 hours ago

I've had issues with ESPN and ESPN2 not working on my TV. Today, was the 3rd call, in two weeks. Tech coming tomorrow. If it doesn't get solved, I'm dropping my service and going elsewhere. These are the two channels I watch 90% of the time

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here