rbon's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Monday, July 17th, 2023 8:52 PM

Closed

[Edited]

We subscribe to TCM through our cable provider Xfinity. We usually watch TCM on our Apple TV through the downloaded app Watch TCM. Often, when we try to watch a film on Watch TCM, we are directed to sign in to our Xfinity account and enter an authentication code. This is a hassle but we comply. Recently, we have simply been unable to watch TCM through the Watch TCM app no matter how hard we tried. We have logged out of the app and then signed back in, we have changed settings on our Apple TV to make sure it knew that our TV provider was Xfinity, etc. Each time it accepts our login and says we are set to go but when we try and PLAY the film, the next screen is a black screen and it doesn't move on from there. We have even tried to log in to Watch TCM from our mobile phone. We can log into our account on the phone but we can't play a film.

We are paying for this content and would be grateful for any advice as to how we might solve this conundrum. Many thanks

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

@rbon 

We subscribe to TCM through our cable provider Xfinity. We usually watch TCM on our Apple TV through the downloaded app Watch TCM. Often, when we try to watch a film on Watch TCM, we are directed to sign in to our Xfinity account and enter an authentication code. This is a hassle but we comply. Recently, we have simply been unable to watch TCM through the Watch TCM app no matter how hard we tried. We have logged out of the app and then signed back in, we have changed settings on our Apple TV to make sure it knew that our TV provider was Xfinity, etc. Each time it accepts our login and says we are set to go but when we try and PLAY the film, the next screen is a black screen and it doesn't move on from there. We have even tried to log in to Watch TCM from our mobile phone. We can log into our account on the phone but we can't play a film.

We are paying for this content and would be grateful for any advice as to how we might solve this conundrum. Many thanks

Have you tried getting in touch with TCM?  It's their app.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

There is no email to TCM tech support or any telephone number that I have been able to find.   I left a message on the TCM website in their comment section.  I got a canned message back that they will be looking into it.  If anyone has a better way to contact TCM, I would love to hear it.  Thanks.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@rbon​ 

There is no email to TCM tech support or any telephone number that I have been able to find.   I left a message on the TCM website in their comment section.  I got a canned message back that they will be looking into it.  If anyone has a better way to contact TCM, I would love to hear it.  Thanks.

Did you see this page?

They used to have forums, but removed those, and apparently they have made it harder for people to get help.  Good luck.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here