RX

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Sep 1, 2021 7:55 PM

DVR Not Recording Chicago Bears Games Even Though I Have Them as Favorite Team and Set to Record All Games

So my DVR is not recording Chicago Bears games even though I Have them set as a Favorite Team and Set to Record All Games. Instead it records a completely different game instead. Because of local broadcast rules, they often switch from a Network Game to a local broadcast.

This is not just a problem with my DVR. I have brothers and friends in the Chicago area who do exactly the same as me and our all having the same issue. I contacted Xfinity Chat, and they had me reset my DVR. That didn't work. Then they ordered me a new DVR. That didn't work. This is an Xfinity issue, not just my issue.

XFinity should know this and get this figured out. We pay a lot of money for this service and this is unacceptable.

Official Employee

• 

198 Messages

2 m ago

Hey there, the networks determine what is played on their channels and subsequently report that to us for our guide information. When they change the channel of the game, is the guide changing as well? If they are switching the network at the last minute and not updating our guides with that then the computer would have no way of knowing the channel has changed. I understand the frustration on this but unfortunately if they are not updating the information with us, there isn't a way for our computer to proactively make that switch. I would suggest checking before the game if the network was changed, at which point you can manually set your dvr to record the new channel. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Thanks for the update, but I'm not going to Mark as Accepted Answer just yet. I can't check before the game because I am not at home or even on my App, which is why I'm recording the games in the first place. I am going to both set the recording for the first real game as I have been doing an also watch it live, and see what happens. I don't think the NFL is switching it at the last moment, but I could be wrong. I think there is an NFL policy where if a game is a national network and also on a local broadcast, the local broadcast is shown instead of the network broadcast. This may have been just because of the pre-season. I need to do more research. Thank you very much for your reply. Have a great day. 

New to the Community?

Start Here