Art11Trighton's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

Monday, December 18th, 2023 12:36 AM

Closed

Dolby Vision & Atmos No Longer Available on MAX

I have subscribed to HBO/ Showtime, etc., for ages through Xfinity and up until I got my LG OLED TVs w/ Dolby Vision/ HDR the picture the X1 HD Boxes produced was decent, but not great.  With the advent of Dolby Vision / Dolby Atmos / HDR10, Xfinity had…and continues to have… no technology capable of displaying a show filmed in Dolby Vision on a Dolby Vision capable TV set.  However, up until a few days ago, I could stream directly to my LG OLED TV using my HBOMAX APP, and other APPs all while enjoying the superior picture quality HDR offers.

( instead of Xfinity equipment, which is incapable of displaying Dolby Vision regardless ) 

No More. There is no option to pay Xfinity extra ( like I do with Netflix ) to enjoy an upgraded picture quality through HBOMAX.  Try watching The Last of Us or House of the Dragon with and without Dolby Vision. If you’d actually like to SEE what’s happening in the episode, your choices  are Dolby Vision or staring at a black screen.  Truly a no brainer.

In any event, unfortunately, I now have to cut the cord with Xfinity save for Basic Cable, and High Speed Wi-Fi and just order and pay for all my important premium channels through the various streamers.  I’m certain after a mere 6.5 hours on hold with Comcast, I’ll be able to downgrade to 25 digital, non-HD channels, no boxes or DVR, and just Hi speed Wi Fi and a router for $265.00 a month before taxes, fees, etc.

It’s unfortunate that Xfinity is now going to subject me to multiple- multi - hour phone calls, the majority of it on hold - while yet another polite, and charming - yet technologically incompetent employees tries to convince me that HDR/ Dolby Vision is just a passing fad. 
Here’s to owning a Top of the line Wireless Headset with a 22 hour Battery Life!!  

I’ll need every minute of that time to resolve what should have been an email to Xfinity HBO/MAX customers saying, “ Hey, starting 12/5/2023, it’s going to cost you another $6.00 a month to watch HBO Max in Dolby Vision.  Such easy money…🤔

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

9 months ago

Hey there, I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. Was there something specific you were wanting from the support team here? I am happy to assist you in any capacity that I can!

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

Hi XfinityAnthonyT- 

Than you kindly for taking the time to reply to me.  As I suspected, after 2.5 hours on the phone and I was able to drop all X1 Services, DVR Service, all premium channels and went from tier 3 to tier 1 , and lo and behold, my bill was about $50.00 less.

What is the penalty for dropping all Xfinity service except two  paid in full Apple iPhones - Both, BYOD? 

Thank you again for your help. :) 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@Art11Trighton Customers may pay an early termination fee (ETF) if they cancel all Xfinity services(not including mobile) before their contract ends. The Early Termination Fee applied to the account declines each month the customer keeps the service. You must maintain at least one cable line of business (LOB) to avoid being charged an Early Termination Fee. Xfinity Mobile is not considered a cable LOB and maintaining only Mobile does not allow a customer to avoid being charged an Early Termination Fee. You can review this article https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/my-account-find-contract to help you find your legal agreements and contracts in your account. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

Happy Holidays and Truly, than you for being so kind in your reply.  I currently have no contract with Xfinity including my Iphones, both paid in full.  I suppose I was just venting my frustrations at the really awful way Xfinity handled this.  They CONSTANTLY push those AI powered BOTS which would be  truly excellent asking if you’ve unplugged the device, waited 30 seconds, then plugged it back .😳 If this is the best AI has to offer, we’re worrying too much.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to you and yours XfinityThomasC! You’re a credit to numanity.

fortunately, I fear it took me more than a few hours nilling around with folks who still use phones for social calls: HOW CUTEIS THAT?  But indeed, after about 90 minutes on hold I got a great deal,

Half my previous service level and a full 12% Cheaper.  I think we have 25 channels now, no DVR,No HD, and Gig Internet.  This bundle comes in at mere $220.00,  

So, for 60 bucks, I lost my cool cable boxes, on Demand Dvr, God know how much garbage I never watch, HBO, Showtime, EPIC, Premium Tier Channels, AND Streaming Apps.   And still even I were willing to cut Comcast a check for $100.00 monthly, I still couldnt watch all the great shows in HDR/ Vision.  So silly. 😳 

so

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

@Art11Trighton I totally understand all of your frustrations, our team can always double check your promtions and services to double check if we have anything that could help you save or get your addirtional services/features at no additional cost or that are discounted. Just send our team a direct message if you'd like to us to check for you. Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue and see if we can assist. To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

9 months ago

I just noticed this as well. Why can Xfinity Customer's not upgrade to the Ultimate 4K Max Package? We had access before and now MAX stripped it away.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Max has control of what they want to offer. We can only provide the service they give us permission to provide to customers. 

1 Message

8 months ago

I love Dobie atmos.

But I no longer get it. As soon as I can find a way, do get better service From xfinity, I will do so. Max should be a shamed of themselves.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here