tmanbt's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Mon, Sep 9, 2019 1:00 PM

Disney + app

Any plans to add disney plus streaming as an app on X1 dvr ?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

Nope

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

will you be able to streem disney neew streaming service from comcast

Userzero

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

I own a ps4.
I wanted to use comcast.... because it will not count against my wifi/interent consumption.

Roku will.
Userzero

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

Solid theory, I know some people that been in Disney for 30+ years. I will contact them. Thanks. Should had done that in the first place. 😑
andyross

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7K Messages

2 y ago

Just get a Roku and don't bother trying to watch subscription channels through a slow Comcast cable box. Plus, you get zillions of other channels Comcast would never offer.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Silly if they don’t provide access to Disney plus. Will just make it easier to switch to Fios. Plan on doing just that

Userzero

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

I really appreciate the honest cut and dry answer. That actually... made me feel better.

Way better than, go but a chromcast, go buy a roku, go buy an android....blaaa blaaa....answers I might from people not really reading this. I have a ps4.

Thank you.
CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

If it was app on the Comcast X1 box, it would still count for usage. There’s no getting around it
andyross

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7K Messages

2 y ago

@Userzero wrote:
I own a ps4.
I wanted to use comcast.... because it will not count against my wifi/interent consumption.

Roku will.

As @CCAndrew noted, all 3rd party apps on the cable box do count against your Internet usage. The only Internet usage that doesn't count is Xfinity Stream on non-cable boxes, when used on your own home network.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I’ve seen a few “answers” on the subject that are wrong. Mine is incomplete, but I’m trying to dispel the “they’re competitors” answer.

There is no release date yet, but part of the deal where Disney got the rest of the Hulu control from Comcast was that Comcast would get Disney Plus. That’s what was announced internally a few months ago, when I still worked at Comcast.
CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Why would Comcast not offer this feature? This is something that could cause us to cancel cable altogether or go with another provider.
You offer other streaming services there is no reason not to add this one.
CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

The biggest why is the 2 companies don’t have an agreement or possibly even discussions.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

When might we see the Disney + app added to x1?
andyross

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7K Messages

2 y ago

I wouldn't hold out hope for apps from competing networks to show up on a Comcast cable box. Most of the apps are complementary or don't directly compete with Comcast's own networks or cable channels they carry.

New to the Community?

Start Here