lm21's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Discover Plus

Will there be an extra chage on my bill for DiscoverPlus. My current plan gets all the programs mentioned in Discover plus advertising

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Ok this is what i understand.  Let me use Mountain Monsters as my example.  I watched the latest episode.  I cannot stream it  ON DEMAND unless I want to buy it but when regularly scheduled I can watch it. Previous seasons remain available to stream ON DEMAND but the newest episodes stream only on Discovery Plus.  Now I know this is not a popular opinion BUT I remember when cable did not exist, I remember when HBO was not 24 hours...I can find plenty to watch and am happy with any advancement that comes.  Everything is too high--gasoline used to be 5 cents a gallon once.  We are in a pandemic.  Be thankful for what we have and don't worry about what we don't. If Discovery Plus finds not everyone has a smart TV or wants to watch on their phone they will be like Netflix and Amazon and make a cable agreement; if not, it's their loss.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 years ago

Hi, @drterrie! You are correct. Many channels will remain on cable. The [Magnolia Network] (https://comca.st/3bzbhng) website says the first place you’ll be able to watch brand new episodes is on Discover Plus. I recommend visiting the [Discover Plus] (https://comca.st/3nFV5TM) website for more info.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@LNoveyhd1200
You most likely won’t see a decrease, the channels are still there. Just because plans aren’t announced doesn’t mean there isn’t any

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Since Xfinity does not have plans to add Discovery + streaming, it will be a separate charge (similar to Netflix) and customers will loose several channels will our monthly cost be reduced?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

We may not be losing any channels, but they're taking shows from the channels that we pay for now and making them only available on their APP. Thats dirty!!!! What am I keeping Xfinity around for!?!?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Cbr2 wrote:
We may not be losing any channels, but they're taking shows from the channels that we pay for now and making them only available on their APP. Thats dirty!!!! What am I keeping Xfinity around for!?!?

Whos is "they're"?  Comcast?  Discovery?  Complain to Discovery.  It's their decision, not Comcast's.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

AMC+ is an option on my channel guide. But I can't watch anything since I do not have a AMC+ subscription.  I would bet that Discovery+ will be added to the channel guide soon.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 years ago

Hi, @Phish-Finder! Thanks for reaching out and for your patience while waiting for a response. I definitely understand the need for the app. I can’t wait for Disney+ to get added. That sounds like a good deal with Verizon. Since nothing has been announced in regards to adding it at this time, please feel free to check back in with us in the future. I am sorry to hear about this experience with Acorn and Curiosity Stream. Discovery+ is a separate streaming service by Discovery Networks. It's like CBS All Access and will probably be separate from your cable subscription. What I would like to do from here is see what deals we have available that compares to the Pre Paid account you have now. To further assist and see if I can get you a better plan, please feel free to send us a private message by clicking on my handle “ComcastGabe” with your name and address.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

To answer your question. Some shows will no longer provide new content to the cable channels. So if one of your favorite shows is moving exclusively to Discovery+, the ONLY way to see new episodes is to subscribe to Discovery+. It's really a greedy power move on behalf of Discovery. What was once included in a standard cable TV subscription will now cost you extra to see. I watch Paranormal shows on Travel Channel, and each one is moving "exclusivley" to Discovery +. I'm not happy about it at all!!!! It makes you wonder if all the channels included in the Discovery+ lineup will have ANY new content at all on cable. Personally, I think Discovery will lose a lot of customers with this move. I'm on the fence whether it's worth it to pay for content that was once free with a cable subscription.

Contributor

• 

122 Messages

4 years ago

So, are the new shows airing on Discovery+ going to be shown ONLY on Discovery+, or just FIRST on that platform.  Again, I only care about Battlebots.  And I think I heard that although BB:Bounty Hunter will be shown on Plus, it will later be broadcast on Discovery channel.    Maybe other shows are like that too???  I don't really know, just positing.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I don't think he is over excited. Makes total sense to me. Some people choose "that package" just for certain channels. Now if you can get them for $4.99 a month, why pay $150? The only thing you have to make sure of, is that you have unlimited internet. That sometimes, along with Netflix, and streaming, can cost just as much as cable, that is why we went back to cable, but the streaming service was over $30 a month, not $4.99

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi everyone! Below I have included the answers to some frequently asked questions regarding Discovery+. 

What is Discovery+?
Discovery+ is a recently launched streaming service from Discovery Inc. featuring shows from Discovery brands with original programming such as 90 Day Fiance spin-offs, Long Island Medium: There in SpiritBobby and Giada in ItalyAmy Schumer Learns to CookHouse Hunters: Comedians on Couches UnfilteredHome Town: Ben’s Workshop and Six Degrees with Mike Rowe.

Does Xfinity offer Discovery+?
Discovery+ is currently not available on X1, Flex or any Xfinity TV platforms. However, we’re working to bring Discovery+ to X1 and Flex later this year. When the Discovery+ app launches on X1 and Flex later in 2021, you’ll be able to watch this programming on your TV by subscribing to Discovery+. Customers who have Discovery channels such as HGTV, Food Network, TLC, ID, OWN, Travel Channel, Discovery Channel and Animal Planet as part of their Xfinity TV subscription package can continue to access live and on demand programming from those channels.

Can I still watch Discovery content through Xfinity TV?
Xfinity TV customers can continue to enjoy live and on demand Discovery programming through the Discovery television channels such as HGTV, Food Network, TLC, ID, OWN, Travel Channel, Discovery Channel and Animal Planet.

Why is some Discovery content only available on the Discovery + app?
There is certain original content exclusive to Discovery+ that isn’t available on X1 or Flex yet. When the Discovery+ app launches on X1 and Flex later in 2021, you’ll be able to watch this programming on your TV by subscribing to Discovery+. In the meantime, there are over 3,000 assets from the Discovery Networks available to customers on X1 and the Xfinity Stream app/website.

Can I buy or rent any of the Discovery+ original shows?
No. Currently these titles are only available through Discovery+.

Where can I watch Discovery+?
Consumers can subscribe to Discovery+ directly at https://comca.st/2KoGpL7 or via in-app purchase through a number of platforms and devices, which are listed on the Discovery+ website (https://comca.st/39FBe2b).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Discovery plus plays the entire route of every couple on 90 day fiance. They don't need old school watchers. Its all about getting $5 to $7 per month to get people to watch the streaming service, and they can also include foul language. Its about washing up xfinity cabletv. People will pay $5 a month for a few channels, and stop paying $200 plus per month for channels they don't watch. Its about time they stop charging us for watching ads too. We pay for a service, we shouldn't be spoon fed over 8 minutes of ads every half hour... If I used an antenna I can see commercials, but not on a high paid cable connection! This is just wrong.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just spoke with a rep about it a couple of days ago and it won't be available until the end of 2021, no specific date, and they will charge extra for the channel.  Disney + will be added in Feb and they will charge an additional fee for it also, so I don't see the point in getting either one of them from Comcast.  Might as well get them on your own.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I dropped Netflix (going up to 17.99/mo) and subscribed to Discovery+ at $6.99 /mo for commercial free episodes.  I'm hoping it can be an app to add to our options, soon. Like Hulu, and some others.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here