lm21's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 10, 2020 4:00 PM

Discover Plus

Will there be an extra chage on my bill for DiscoverPlus. My current plan gets all the programs mentioned in Discover plus advertising

Responses

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

When I say Discovery Plus into my voice remote, it comes up with a banner for it and says it’ll be available soon. Right now I just plug my laptop into my tv and watch my D+ programs that way. Definitely looking forward to when the app is added to x1. I was extremely surprised that Disney+ popped up first cause when I would say that into my voice remote, nothing would come up. Same with Paramount+ too, but hey I’m grateful with how many apps have been incorporated with xfinity already. Seems like more of those free ones pop up all the time. 

comc25

Regular Contributor

• 

117 Messages

1 m ago

Once Discovery starts dropping their tv channels in favor of Discovery+, Comcast will be getting many calls for refunds etc. 

dcfox

Regular Contributor

• 

299 Messages

1 m ago

Yea everyone loves blaming Comcast for issues out of their control.

budgie491

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 m ago

We shouldn't have to pay extra to watch the shows that were on the channels we signed up for.

It isn't Comcast's fault, but they should have a better answer than they "don't control the content on these channels." They are the one subscribing to them. If the channels are worthless they should dump them and give customers their money back.

dcfox

Regular Contributor

• 

299 Messages

1 m ago

They just provide the networks, not the shows that the network chooses, Nothing has changed from current line up.  Just some shows added but most are on both,  not unlike other networks.  Just the fact that some do not like the shows others may.

Things change. You can pick a cheaper package that does not have discovery if you wish to save but probably will lose some you like.

(edited)

budgie491

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 m ago

Unfortunately Comcast does not offer packages without Discovery channels. The packages should only include channels that run new content. Discovery is just changing the run time and titles of old shows through combinations so they show up as new on the schedule. They are a very dishonest corporation.

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 m ago

@budgie491

There are zero networks that run new content 24/7/365, so how could packages include such a thing. Sorry the argument you make doesn’t hold water. Let Discovery know how you feel, it’s their decisions

budgie491

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 m ago

I didn't say anything about 24/7 new content. I said that Discovery tries to disguise old episodes to look like new ones on the schedule. I used to think this was to trick viewers, but now it appears that they are trying to fool services like Comcast into thinking they are still running viable channels. Comcast must want all of us to cancel our services, because there is no point in subscribing to linear channels if all of the content is lifted to streaming apps. I still wouldn't pay for Discovery+ because of my distaste for them after this, and because I think there shows are only good to have running in the background, which is something you can't do with streaming apps. I don't think there will be a point to Comcast either. I haven't watched a minute of Peacock even though we've had it for about a year.

dcfox

Regular Contributor

• 

299 Messages

1 m ago

Gold Rush has been new, Deadliest catch will be new as with other shows who are in season as others. Not sure why you keep saying the are no new shows. You need to look at the normal time slot of the series.

(edited)

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 m ago

The packages should only include channels that run new content.

@budgie491, this was your statement. They aren’t trying to fool anything if you don’t like it don’t watch. You’ll still get content but it may hit plus first. Again, your complaints should be directed at Discovery if you disagree with how they present content.

(edited)

budgie491

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 m ago

I don't watch them anymore. I would like to not have to pay for them anymore as well. It is really strange that Comcast is egging customers on to cancel their service with them. I suppose that is what all of us should do, as most channels in their package will be dead soon.

Discovery said the content would not be going to the linear channels. That means Comcast will never be able to provide it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

25 d ago

So am I being deceived once again or are you being serious Jeremiah 

dcfox

Regular Contributor

• 

299 Messages

Who is deceiving you?

New to the Community?

Start Here