U

1 Message

Monday, May 6th, 2024 12:14 PM

Disappointed with Comcast and Bally Sports

Will be researching other carriers for the Twins when my contract with Comcast ends. Unfortunate for Comcast and many Twins fans

4 months ago

Get the Texas Rangers back on my Xfinity TV or I will drop you after 10 years of being a loyal customer!

3 Messages

3 months ago

I am leaving Comcast. I can't watch the Twins.

And even signing up for the Fubo free trial didn't work. Direct TV is cheaper. Comcast customer since 2006 but it does not matter to Comcast. The only reason I stayed was to watch the Twins games.

Comcast, fix this sports problem!

It’s the only reason we have Cable TV.

1 Message

3 months ago

Well if Amazon gets Bally, there's going to be more changes coming 

6 Messages

3 months ago

so if you not longer have regional sports why are you still billing for it? I've called and the agent cannot explain it other that I will get a one time credit of $20, while you will continue billing me $10 a month for something I do not get. To me that sounds like fraud.

2 Messages

3 months ago

So sick of this [Edit: Language]!!! Can’t even watch the Braves when they’re on espn+ or tbs bc of blackouts. Xfinity blaming this on Bally is [Edit: Language]. Fix it Xfinity!!! Pay the extra and leave it up to the customers to decide if they wanna pay for it. [Edit: Language]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello user_ryjg73, I'm a huge sports fan as well, so I totally get feeling annoyed when you can't watch your team. Especially the Braves, they're really good. A sports blackout is a bit different from our programming agreement expiring with DSG. We have made a number of reasonable offers that DSG hasn't accepted. The loss of this channel will result in savings that we’ll pass along to you, and you’ll see an automatic credit in your bill in the coming weeks. A Sports Blackout is when sports teams and leagues (or schools and conferences) prohibit certain games from being seen on certain channels due to ticket sales or games being carried on other channels.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

No matter how many canned responses your corporate overlords have you give, they are not enough to stop the mass exodus from Xfinity. That will continue to happen and only get worse for Xfinity when the NBA and NHL seasons start. Telling customers to keep an absurdly high priced service and pay even more for other services isn't just a disconnect from reality, it's an insult to your customers.

If you don't get Bally's back on the air soon, those same corporate overlords will be looking for new employment. You can't lose 20-30% of your customer base and expect shareholders to turn a blind eye to that. Nor can you expect to stay employed when you are responsible for a financial disaster of that magnitude.

Last but not least, you must really think subscribers are dumb by stating you are just trying to protect the customer and it's all DSG's fault? Every other service from Charter to Direct TV came to an agreement, but Xfinity wants a better deal? Simple question, what's worse for business, making less money on a broadcast deal or losing 25% of your customer base? 

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ please stop lying to customers about what you’ve done to be flexible with DSG. We aren’t stupid. Stop. Xfinity is a bully company just like DSG and glad I no longer use you for cable service. 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Can't wait to get rid of Comcast/Xfinity. They clearly have no concern for their customers as they just dumped hundreds of thousands of households that pay for their service from Bally Sports' regional networks. I don't really care who is to blame. It's simply ridiculous that Comcast/Xfinity doesn't broadcast any of these teams anymore. They took action with no plan in place and customers suffer. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Losing Bally Sports is the last straw. I’m looking into other options than Comcast. The Royals finally have a good team and we can’t watch the games. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

The MLB are not happy with Bally Sports.

"

MLB’s reps say Diamond has been “an undependable partner,” and has asked for a June 18 confirmation hearing to be postponed."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mlb-calls-bally-sports-channels-undependable-amidst-carriage-dispute-between-diamond-sports-group-and-comcast/ar-BB1mw2eN

2 Messages

3 months ago

When will we get credits on our xfinity bills due to loss of Bally Sports?

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

The RSN fee is still on my upcoming June bill. I just looked at it. We'll have been without Ballys for six weeks by the time that bill is due. Billing us for something we haven't been allowed to watch for a month and a half is beyond insulting.

Funny how they can add charges to our bill in three seconds but it takes twelve years to take a charge off. And what about this mystical credit they pretended we'd get? Because by next month they'll owe me more than $20 for an enumerated service that I paid for that they refused to me allow access to.  

1 Message

3 months ago

It's been 2 months since Xfinity dropped Ballys.  I'm still being billed for "regional sports" and they have not made a single adjustment to compensate for the lost Channel.  In fact my bill has gone up $2 over the same period.  Switching to DirectTV.  Also the countdown is on for fiber installation in my neighborhood.  Can't wait to finally rid myself of one of the worst services in existence.

2 Messages

3 months ago

We had NO discount on our latest TV bill this month!  SHAME on you Xfinity!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Messages

@user_nate6376​ I cancelled my service and still got billed for the full Extra Innings Package even though I only stayed with it half the year. Xfinity is a scam outfit. 

1 Message

3 months ago

What is Bally asking for? We have been without the Twins for over 4 weeks. Frankly I would have paid a dollar or two per month and have had the ability to watch the twins. We pay well over $300 per month for Comcast service. A big part of what we watch “was the Twins” not happy. New fiber servise coming to our neighborhood… it may be time to switch after many years!!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

Basically, Bally is probably demanding more money, and keeping it in lower tiers where 99% never watch it, subsidizing the 1%. Comcast wants to move it to a higher tier, so they can keep costs for the 99% lower.

Plus, there may also be an ulterior motive. If Bally goes under, Comcast can try and get the sports leagues to put games on Peacock.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Bally's is watched by 30% of Comcast customers in Ballys markets, according to Comcast's own press releases, not 1%. Comcast isn't a charity looking to save any of us money. This is about trying to force that 30% to pay even more money. Note how DirecTV, Cox, Charter, and Amazon, the first three of which are all smaller than Comcast, all managed to make deals with Ballys quickly despite their bankruptcy. 

Comcast wants to banish Ballys and other sports networks to the highest tiers to charge even more money while keeping their own NBC sports RSNs on lower tiers in their markets to give themselves a competitive advantage in the RSN market. 

https://awfulannouncing.com/comcast/comcast-nbc-rsn-diamond-sports-bally-tier.html

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I too was under a 2 year contract and only about 6 months into it.  Cancellation fee $230.  [Edited: "Solicitation"] .  I was pleased that Comcast did not charge the cancellation fee! [Edited: "Solicitation"] 

(edited)

1 Message

3 months ago

Me too. Good wake up call, I guess, re: how much I’m spending on cable and watching everything but news and sports on streaming. 

nfl will be playing on a bunch of different networks and streaming services. Probably have some and don’t have others. The diminishing value proposition for cable TV is being exposed. 

Hey, Comcast, it’s not the pandemic anymore. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here