beth00's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 6th, 2023 5:29 PM

Closed

Disappearing DVR'd shows

I've read many questions on this with no solutions that I have seen. I have checked each TV to see if all DVR's match-they do (and the website.) Deleted shows was checked right away each time this has happened. We are under our limit-12% full, which is low for us, but, it has happened in the 50's or higher, and again, now. We do have the newest box. Yes, everything transferred from the cloud when we got it. This is our first time asking for help, but my son is asking for me to please make it stop happening. He is on the spectrum and has 49 Blue's Clues shows DVR'd. This has been his special interest since it began when he was 3 (he's 29.) He does something that I don't actually understand that involves his computer, and the shows, in pieces, in a particular order, and when he loses a show, it throws everything off that he has been working on, and yes, he sees it as work. It is really important to him that this stops happening. I don't know, however, how I will know if I get a reply here. Not even sure if TV is the right category...but, trying!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

@beth00 Thank you for reaching out here on our Xfinity Forums. Please note that in the longest you can mark a program as saved in 1 year. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-storage-overview I would be happy to look at the set up of your DVR with you. To get started, please send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ Thank you-my son was able to tell me (I asked him when I posted this) the date the first one was recorded. Yesterday, he lost another, and I asked the date-sure enough, just about a year ago, so, no need to send you a private message, but thank you for answering-I didn't see this in anyone else's, but I suppose most people don't intend to keep things indefinitely. He will need to work out in his mind what his solution will be, but at least we now know! Thank you again!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

@beth00 You're welcome! I hope he comes up with a solution that fits his needs. I wonder if you can purchase the episodes that he is missing or the whole series.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ it's something to consider. He had all of the original ones from the two different people who played the star of the show over the years. He got to a point where he was ready to let go of all of those videos and dvds, and then they rebooted the show, and he dove right back in! He has not asked about purchasing anything, so I will wait and see. Thank you again!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

You're welcome 😀 We can't thank you enough for your patience and for being a valued customer. Have a good day and enjoy the recordings you have! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here