rre10291's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, October 20th, 2021 4:36 PM

Closed

CW channel?

What happened to the CW channel?  It is currently broadcasting Jewelry TV of the National Desk News.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi there. Thanks for posting your question here in the Community. We can absolutely look into this for you to get you the information you're seeking about the CW channel. We do have different things going on at different times in different markets when it comes to programming and I want to make sure we're supplying you information that's relative to your area specifically, are you comfortable sharing which state you live in?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

I appreciate you letting me know. We help customers from all over the US and my colleagues and I are all based in various parts of the US as well. I don't have this information off the top of my head, but please bear with us as we dig further into this and gather additional information for you. We will reply to this post here as soon as we have an update for you, OK? Thanks so much.

I no longer work for Comcast

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

I am not showing any information regarding the CW channels, so all my indication shows we still carry that channel. I'd love to help more. Can you send us a PM with your name and full address? 

To send a PM, please follow these steps:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3iVtu1B

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.

Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityMorgan  I am having the same issue!  I live in Enola, PA. It pisses me off because I love to come home to Maury and the People's Court and all I am getting for at least 3 weeks is the stupid jewelry shopping network. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am in the Harrisburg PA area and we too have lost the CW channel to this JTV channel, [EDIT]!

Edited: Language

(edited)

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

@user_7e6500

Can you confirm what channel number you're attempting to watch the CW on? I'm showing channel 13 as the SD feed and 805 as the HD feed for that area.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

In york county, Dover, pa our channels are 20 and 805 for HD (both are showing Jtv)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the missing channel @user_96e4b8. I am also showing that the channels 20 and 805 are both registered as The CW Channel. We can take a closer look and assist with this concern. Can you please send a Direct Message with your full name and address? 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Direct message sent as requested. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

This is the response I received:

The issue you are experiencing is a direct technical issue with Sinclair broadcasting stations across the nation through their feeds. As it is not related to our service for resolution, any inquiries or questions would have to be directed towards them. They tell us they are working on a fix, but I don't have an ETA.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

The problem in South-Central PA is at the station, WHP-DT3, owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The over-the-air signal as well as the feeds Comcast carries are supposed to be the CW, but most of the time Jewelry TV is being broadcast instead.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Sinclair Broadcast Group, the nation’s second largest TV station owner, is experiencing technical issues with some of their local TV stations, as well as with their lines of communication (telephone, email, etc.). It's possible that this is related to the issue going on with Sinclair. If regular troubleshooting steps have been completed and we've also been able to confirm that the channel number you're experiencing this on is owned by Sinclair, then it's likely that this issue is a result of Sinclair’s technical difficulties. If this is the case for you, please know that we’re awaiting information from the programmer as to when the issue will be resolved. We will provide updates here accordingly. 

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityMorgan has there been any updates on this matter?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi, @user_AT17 [Edited username to remove PII]! Thank you for reaching out on our Forums page for an update on the Sinclair Broadcast Group. We appreciate you greatly for patiently waiting for a response. While researching this further, I have discovered that as of yesterday, they're working diligently to fix the damage that was caused but it’s going to take some time because it was a big hacking attack. We will continue to monitor this issue on our end and follow up with an update. I also recommend in contacting [Sinclair](https://comca.st/3CnzAPB) to check on if they can provide any additional information as well.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_AT17 [Edited username to remove PII]! I just wanted to check in to see how everything is working and if you were able to contact Sinclair Broadcast Group to see if they can provide any additional information.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

How come channel which is supposed to be the CW channel now is the jewelry channel? The guide still shows listing for the channei, the station plays JTV. Is this channel being bootoegged? Where is the CW programs? CW is on channel 805, but it is the JTV. Zip code is 17057.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I would really like an answer to this question too!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same problem.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_826db4. Are you still having this issue? If so, let's get your account pulled up and see about getting this resolved. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

• Click the direct message icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. It's been over a week. I've contacted xfinity, CW and WHP. All pass the buck. When will this be fixed?

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hi there @user_a9a95e! Thanks for letting us know you are also affected by this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and understand how frustrating this can be. This was an issues with the network itself. Luckily, some people have reported that this has been resolved. Because it has been a few days since you posted, I wanted to check in with you to see if you're still having the same problem? 

Contributor

• 

177 Messages

3 years ago

I live in York and have been having the same problem but it’s finally fixed!  I watch Bob’s Burgers every night at 1 AM and tonight it’s actually on for the first time in weeks! I was going to call tomorrow and cancel cable… not just because of this but it sure wasn’t helping. But I’m so happy to see the show I fall asleep to every night that cable is safe for now!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I live in Michigan and this issue has been going on for over 4 weeks now.  It would be great to get an update from the company.  The issue is with both CW and Fox.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Hi @user_987c04, thank you for reaching out for help with your channel lineup. We are showing that the issue was with the Networks themselves and we have received reports that the issue has since been resolved. If you are still having trouble with this network, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

The CW channel will not stream on any devices in our area. It is channel 1020 in the Hartford CT area . It works fine on the X1 set top box. This needs to be fixed; it has been off for over 3 days now. Called Customer service and they say it is a known issue, but no ETA on resolution. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Hello, @jsidewater. Thanks for letting us know about this issue with streaming the CW channel. We never want there to be any issues when trying to access your favorite networks. You're in the right place for help. Have you tried any troubleshooting so far? Also, are you using the stream website, or are you attempting to stream using the Xfinity Stream app?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here