U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 18, 2021 11:09 PM

Comet network

I'm in the Chicago area. Comet tv is broadcast on channel 62.8. Why doesn't Xfinity carry it?

Accepted Solution

andyross

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.1K Messages

2 m ago

Because the station carrying it probably doesn't have an agreement with Comcast to pass it on. From what I can see of their subchannels, they may be using must-carry rules and that means Comcast is only required to pass on ONE channel, and that is probably the main WJYS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WJYS

mrshvd3

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

@andyross 

You're probably right. I'm in N.J., and we get Comet through Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@andyross

Yeah, I sort of figured that. I hate those stupid rules. Part of why I got cable is because I live in an apartment and can't get many channels with an indoor antenna. I'm paying Comcast a lot of money for them not to carry every local channel. I know Comet and some other channels I can't get can be streamed on their respective websites or Locast, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Official Employee

• 

270 Messages

Hello @user_96cb46, our content teams are constantly working to bring you the best and widest variety of programming possible. In some cases, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular television episodes, series, or even channels. We’re always evaluating what we offer as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future.

We do have this link https://comca.st/38k2XFb where you can request Comet. Your feedback helps us reevaluate the channels and programs we offer.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here