mnw's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Friday, December 8th, 2023 5:05 AM

Closed

Comcast blocked Thursday Amazon Game in Bristol County

Did somebody forget to tell Comcast in Bristol County to unblock Boston 25 on Thursday December 7. They were simulcasting the Amazon Prime Game with the Patriots and Steelers.They were not carrying Fox national programming. This is not the first time this has happened. I had to go off cable and watch it over the air. The FCC needs to reassign Bristol County from Providence DMA back to Boston DMA so this won't occur.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

9 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here, @mnw! I definitely want to make sure you're able to watch all your favorite teams play, but sometimes blackout restrictions can make that a little more difficult. You can read more about them here.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

9 months ago

This was a local simulcast as mandated by the NFL. This blackout occurred because Bristol County is considered part of Providence and blackouts on Boston 25 only occur when national Fox programming is being carried on Boston 25 thus Bristol County has to watch Fox on WNAC. Boston 25 was carrying the Amazon NFL game with the Patriots. We should have had the blackout lifted. Like I said prior, if the FCC would reassign Bristol County to Boston this blackout would not occur.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@mnw ,We appreciate all our customer's feedback and always encourage providing your feedback here:

https://bit.ly/3hhUqdT

https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

You're welcome to reach out to the FCC with these concern as well. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

9 months ago

This instance would not need any FCC mandate. Comcast should have been aware that a mandated simulcast was taking place instead of Fox programming thus the blackout in Bristol County should have been lifted on December 7 so the football game could have been shown.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here