U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 11th, 2022 1:19 AM

Closed

Chronic reasons for RDK-03033 on Xfinity

I constantly have the error message RDK-03033 on my Xfinity box.

NO, Cables are not loose.

NO, there is no cable outage. 

YES, I have internet for most everything EXCEPT my Xfinity cable box.

Just the  Xfinity box freezes. This has been on and off since I got the ‘new’ and improved equipment.

YES, I unplug everything and replug it in to reboot.

The last week or so it’s been a crapshoot as to whether it feels like rebooting.

My tried and true TiVo works great all the time.

Both my TiVo and XFinity boxes are hooked up to the same internet and cable connections.

I have replaced the remote, the modem and the Xfinity box. Actually multiple times.

The problems continue.

Since I never have problems with my TiVo, it is just your equipment.

Oddly, I will occasionally get notifications that I have no internet connection.

Hey, guess what?  My TiVo still has an internet connection. 

What’s the deal?

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there!

I appreciate your time writing us a thorough review of your issue and fixes attempted. Since we have ruled out the wiring and equipment, and have had this replaced, I would love to take a closer look.

Please send me a private message with your name and address to get started. 

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinitySheila​ I am experiencing the same issues. All of my TVs get the same error, and yet, my internet is working just fine.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What  troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our MyAccount app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://comca.st/3PfUo1x. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same problem all too frequently.  There are way too many problems with these comcast boxes.

I have exchanged 2 boxes recently but still have the same problems and maybe a couple new ones.

If this were my product, I would be ashamed.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I should have replied earlier.  I’m certain I was the original poster to this feed.

My problem with the RDK-03033 was finally solved a month or so ago.

But not until I subscribed to Apple TV Plus and Disney Plus. Neither worked on my TV.

After several calls, speaking with very nice reps to no avail  I finally talked to a customer service rep in Shoreline, WA.

He was amazing!  Yes. The trouble was caused from my XFinity box.

Ends up with the new XFinity box that has the bells and whistles to get my new streaming services to work on my older TV corrected RDX-03033 issues.

I hope I’m not jinxing myself, but I’ve only had the RDX-03033 problem once during the set up of my new XFinity box.

May suggestion to anyone having this RDX-03033 problem to exchange your XFinity box for the newer ones that convert older TVs into Smart TVs.

I hope this update helps some of you.  

PS    I hope and wish XFinity would give/install the XFinity boxes with the most current technology. Especially when a customer calls in with an RDX-03033 issue.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_2d4db2 Thank you for the input. I am glad everything seems to be resolved for you when you swapped the box. If the issue comes up again, please let us know. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here