U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 26th, 2024 9:48 PM

Chicago Sports Network

I am EXTREMELY unhappy that Xfinity is not going to carry CHSN Chicago Sports Network. One of the reasons I continue to keep cable is because I can see the Chicago Blackhawks play.  You need to make a deal with the Network as I have been on the fence for some time now to cut the cord. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 days ago

me too.  who else will have this programming??  I willl have to cancel and the blackhawks elsewhere.  

2 Messages

Direct tv dish or streaming

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

FrankPi - Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forum community! You can double-check programing using the Xfinity channel guide. Simply type in your address and click Find My Channels to get started. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@user_jgiw3s​ it will be available over the air if you have a tv with antenna capabilities.

3 Messages

@FrankPi​ 

I looked into direct tv they have the hawks and cubs

2 Messages

Cancelling xfinity and switching to Directv just because of this. @Xfinity Support @XfinityBenjaminM @XfinityThomasA tell your bosses.

1 Message

9 days ago

Plus it says the cost of my bill will not decrease.  So they take away the only local channel for Chicago sports teams and the customers get nothing for it.  I don't want to pay for 24 hours of a Cubs channel in Marquee but somehow you make me pay that.

Problem Solver

• 

781 Messages

@user_bjd7go​ - and now you know how pretty much every Xfinity customer in Illinois would feel about having to pay for a White Sox / Blackhawks / Bulls channel that they would never watch.

Hold off for a brief moment - Comcast isn't the only company that hasn't cut a deal yet, although some (like YouTube TV) don't appear to be interested in RSNs in general. We'll know if any standoff is serious when CSN starts putting "CALL XFINITY AND TELL THEM YOU WANT CHICAGO SPORTS NETWORK!" on its website. Then again, Altitude Sports (Denver) and MSG (New York) haven't made much headway with Xfinity in years.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_bjd7go We are sorry for the news. NBC Sports Chicago notified Comcast and others that it’s ceasing operations on September 30, 2024. This decision is outside of Comcast’s control and was solely made by NBC Sports Chicago. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

9 days ago

The concern is not "Community Announcements" related. Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

1 Message

9 days ago

Same here.  If this doesn't change, you can bet I'll downsize my Xfinity package.

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

Comcast is nuts if they think I am going to pay $356 and not see my Chicago sport teams-soon also to be gone Cubs-Marquee .

(edited)

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

9 days ago

This could be ugly.  The teams decided to extricate themselves from their partnership with Comcast, so Comcast is playing a little hardball (much in the way they did with Marquee).

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

This not only applies to the Blackhawks but the Bulls and White Sox as well

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @user_9a6555. Thank you so much for reaching out to us regarding the CHSN channel. NBC Sports Chicago notified Comcast and others that it’s ceasing operations on September 30, 2024. This decision is outside of Comcast’s control and was solely made by NBC Sports Chicago.

We offer a range of alternative content that may offer similar viewing options. Peacock, ESPN, Fox Sports 1, and CBS Sports Network offer a wide variety of sports programming. You can also say “sports” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to find other sports programming.

1 Message

@XfinityRoberto​ you’re missing the point. We know NBC Sports Chicago is ceasing operations and is outside the control of Xfinity.  But the same Chicago sports teams will be aired on Chicago Sports Network (CHSN) going forward. This is a new network that you haven’t agreed to carry yet, so that’s why people here are complaining—we are losing our teams with one station closing and the replacement station not being carried. People WILL cut the cord and go streaming if you don’t carry local channels. Get a deal done! 

2 Messages

If I can't watch the bulls I'm sorry I'm leaving Comcast!!! I like my Comcast but this is crazy!!!!

1 Message

@XfinityRoberto​ 

You can’t be that clueless. You think people are complaining because a sports channel is gone so you tell everyone to watch sports on  ESPN?  Listen carefully. Viewers. Want. TO. See. Chicago. Teams.

2 Messages

9 days ago

agree. am a bulls fan and if I cannot watch o Xfinity will have to rethink. Xfinity needs to come up with some sort of deal to carry this station.

4 Messages

8 days ago

This channel will be available with an over-the-air antenna, so you won't even need cable TV to get this channel. Even so, I'd be pretty sure Comcast/Xfinity will add this channel, just like they did with Marquee.

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

Good luck pulling in that small Hammond, Indiana station from the Northern suburbs. I know I can't get it.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@user_kz17vb​ right, maybe eventually and then how much more will we need to pay each month?

4 Messages

@tbill1​ I just got an OTA antenna and I can get CHSN, so investing in an antenna may be worth it.

6 Messages

7 days ago

I've been a Comcast, and the cable company Comcast bought out since the 80's. I will cut the chord if there is no CHSN.

6 Messages

I meant to say Comcast customer. I will not buy some [Edited: "Language"] antenna while I'm paying for cable. The chord will finally be cut after 40 years.

Comcast, cut a deal fast or prepare for a mass exodus. Everyone is have spoken to says the same thing.

(edited)

4 Messages

Well, if you want to pay a monthly charge for something you can get for free with an over-the-air antenna, that's your choice.

The Bulls and Blackhawks regular seasons start on Oct. 8. I would give it until then for Comcast/ Xfinity to make a deal with CHSN.

Problem Solver

• 

781 Messages

@user_kz17vb​ - while the Blackhawks regular season starts 10/8, that is when the Bulls preseason begins. (The Bulls regular season starts on 10/23.)

There are rumors that CHSN is considering starting its own dedicated streaming service for the channel; that would probably make it much less likely for Xfinity to pick up the channel, as you would think that it would be in the channel's own best interests to get as many people to join that way as possible, unless it can make up the money by forcing Xfinity to pay an amount which, if Altitude Sports and MSG Network are anything to go by, Comcast will never accept.

2 Messages

As usual the sports fan gets it stuck to them.

And if they drop Chicago sports, my bill BETTER go down!

Or maybe as my children have said cut the cord!

2 Messages

6 days ago

Can I buy a small antenna as it says the channel will be free on some over the air frequency.

Problem Solver

• 

781 Messages

@user_bgufsw​ - it may depend on how far away you live from any broadcast antenna that is carrying the channel. I live 50 miles away from the main antenna for San Francisco, but have serious problems getting any of its channels, mainly because there are hills between my antenna and the broadcast antenna.
Also remember that if you have to use an antenna, you lose some Xfinity features like being able to record the game.
Then again, you wouldn't have to suffer with the one-to-two minute signal delay that Xfinity seems to have on every channel...

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 days ago

I was a Dish Network customer for nearly 20 years, and promptly dropped them when they dropped the Blackhawks. The Blackhawks are the primary reason I bother with cable/satellite 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I convinced my 85 year old Dad to switch from Dish to Xfinity a couple years ago. Now he's ticked off that he won't be able to watch Hawks or Bulls. Sounds like I need to look into an antenna for him.

Official Employee

• 

763 Messages

bobmc110 How can we be of assistance?

1 Message

What's the news on the Hawks/Bills channel? Is a deal gonna happen? Only reason I have Xfinity tv. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_orcpy7, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the channel, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

6 days ago

where have they said they wont?

6 Messages

Times running out, and they haven't said they will. Only Direct TV and U-Verse.

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

They haven’t, but Comcast has been known to take a hard line on adding (or reupping with) sports channels they don’t own.  They didn’t add BTN and ACCN for more than a year, they didn’t add Marquee until the last possible moment, and there were and are protracted battles with YES, Altitude and some of the Bally channels.

So I’m not holding my breath on this being resolved sooner rather than later.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_zec3vr​ 

My bad.  They really did not say they would not carry.  However, they said the following:  "We’re evaluating the Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee that applies to your current TV package and will communicate any changes in the coming weeks."

So if they do carry Chicago Sports Network, will they decide to charge more for the RSN fee.  If the are no longer paying for NBC Sports Chicago, then it should be a wash.  Wait and see

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_9a6555 Just to offer some additional context with the Chicago Sports Network, they are no longer operational and will not be carried by us or any provider.

We understand this news is difficult to hear but we offer a range of alternative content to view similar options. Peacock, ESPN, Fox Sports 1, and CBS Sports Network offer a wide variety of sports programming. Our customers can also say “sports” into their Xfinity Voice Remote to find other sports programming.

(edited)

1 Message

6 days ago

Completely agree - why keep cable if xfinity isnt going to get the local sports games?

2 Messages

@mdsevin

time to buy a $20 antenna and just go with that for now. I think it will happen eventually though

2 Messages

6 days ago

Comcast needs to sign a contact with CHSN as I am a loyal Chicago Bulls fan and will change providers if Comcast doesn't make the CHSN available to me and the Chicago marketplace.  The Bulls season is almost upon us.  Please act now to solidify a deal between Comcast and the CHSN network.  

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

6 days ago

All they really need to do is get the sub channels of WJYS and they’d have CHSN .

1 Message

5 days ago

I’m feeling the same way. Why keep Xfinity if I can’t watch local sport teams. 

1 Message

The problem with going with the aerial is that you cannot have both, aerial and cable. 
Adding the aerial means you have to get rid of your cable, Xfinity or whatever. 
I watch College football over Xfinity as  well as College Hockey and Basketball. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

You can have both.

The thing I don't like about aerial broadcasts is no ability to pause or record.

If Comcast doesn't get a deal with CHSN within a couple weeks, I will cancel.

Local sports are the main reason I keep it- and if I can't have them there's no reason for me to have cable.

Same goes for the Marquee Sports deal for the Cubs, which also expires before next season.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here