thindley's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Channels change from English to Spanish

I have never had this issue before. We have already made sure it wasn’t the TV and it’s not all channels. I have also done the troubleshooting, diagnostics and refresh of the system and it still didn’t work. All other TV’s with these same two channels are fine. When watching on the main TV theses two channels have switched from English to Spanish by themselves. We can’t figure it out. The channels that we know of are: # 151 Baby First and # 272 Disney Junior . Help please.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

starz/encore and major league baseball changles change from english to spanish

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

4 years ago

You may have accidenetly turned on SAP in Spanish. When we had our legacy boxes if you hit the D button it would turn it to Spanish. Sometimes hitting D again would revert back to English. To change it go into your language settings and turn off SAP and make sure the program language is either English or as transmitted. It has been a while, so I am trying to work from memory. We are running X1 now.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have that problem with the SyFy.Channel.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had this issue as well and was very frustrated.  I tried resetting the SAP through the settings, but nothing worked.  Finally found the answer:

While watching the channel that is in Spanish, press the down arrow on the remote.  In the lower left corner there will be a series of symbols, including the SAP symbol.  Using your arrow keys, move to highlight this icon and hit select.  

You will see Spanish and English with a check mark next to Spanish.  Simply highlight English and hit select again.  

This solution should be easier to find!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

It works! Thanks

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same problem and no way to find help!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @Kilolo11, thank you for reaching out in our forum for help with your channel language issues. I can definitely help you out, I can only imagine how annoying this would be to deal with, so I have your back on this. Are all of your channels being impacted or just a specific one? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here